Chapter Five

"He wants me to do what?" I signed to Shaun, staring at him in disbelief.

"Just put this on," Shaun said in an annoyed tone, as he threw a hazmat-looking suit at me.

It was only a few minutes ago that Shaun came barging into my room, telling me that Scarface had a job for me. Shaun wouldn't tell me what this job was, but my gut was telling me it wasn't good.

"But why?" I signed, as I reluctantly dragged the suit towards me.

"Can you please just do it?" he said, looking extremely annoyed at me.

I sighed out as I stood from the bed, slipping into the hazmat suit, before zipping it up. Shaun threw a pair of rubber boots at me, telling me to hurry and put them on.

I quickly put the boots on before Shaun grabbed hold of my upper arm. Quite roughly, may I add. He was practically dragging me with him down a hallway that I didn't recognize before we came to a stop in front of a door.

Shaun knocked on the door before someone opened the door, letting us in. My stomach churned at the sight in front of me.

"Oh good, there you are," Scarface said, causing a chill to run down my spine.

He was standing in front of me, his shirt was soaked in blood, and judging by the two dead bodies on the floor, I imagine it wasn't his blood.

"I heard you used to work as a crime scene cleaner. Is that right?" He said, lighting up a cigarette, as his green eyes stared at me.

I nodded my head yes, wondering how he knew that. I had worked with a biohazard company for five years before I had to quit due to the mental toll the job was taking on me. The department I had worked in mainly dealt with the cleaning of crime scenes.

"Good," he said, as he smirked at me.

A man I'd never seen before walked over to me, handing me a bucket full of cleaning supplies, as well as a ventilated mask and gloves. I hate to admit it, but it wasn't until I looked down at the items in my hands that it dawned on me what the job Shaun had mentioned was.

He was going to make me clean up the crime scene he had just made. I released a shaky breath as I looked up, making eye contact with Scarface, who was now standing in front of me.

"If there is any other product, you need, just let me or Shaun know," he said, as he walked behind me.

I watched as he sat down in a chair, taking another drag from his cigarette. I looked away from him to see that a few of his men were wrapping the two bodies in black tarp. The same black tarp that I saw that day in the woods.

Were they going to dump these bodies as well?

I watched as they carried them out of the room, leaving just Scarface, Shaun, and myself. Well, that and the massive mess that was left behind.

"Well, don't just stand there, get to work," Scarface barked out, causing me to jump from his booming voice.

I slowly walked over to the center of the room, placing the bucket down. I placed the mask over my face, adjusting it to comfort. I pulled on the gloves before I carefully kneeled down. My wounds aren't completely healed yet, so my legs are still tender.

I began to pull out the chemicals I needed, along with a few brushes so I could scrub the floor. With shaky hands, I began to clean the blood from the floor.

I glanced over at Scarface to see him and Shaun discussing something. Even though he seemed to be deep in conversation, his eyes never left me. My body tensed as my eyes landed on the gun that was lying in his hands. I made eye contact with him again and his eyes said everything.

His eyes were telling me that if I didn't do a good job here, I would be leaving this room the same way those two bodies from earlier had. I turned away from him as I started the progress of cleaning up every last drop of blood. My eyes burned as tears welled in my eyes. I was honestly terrified right now. Even though I couldn't see him, I could feel him staring at me.

I knew he was a psychopath, but this was the first time I'd seen this side of him. A thought came to mind, a thought that made me freeze in my spot and make my blood run cold.

I had been with this man. I had slept with this psychotic person.

"Are you ok Phoenix?" Scarface's voice asked from beside me.

The sudden sound of his voice being that close to me caused me to jump, landing in the puddle of blood and the chemicals I had just poured. I looked down at my blood-soaked gloves, releasing a shaky breath.

"You're all dirty now," he said, glaring at me.

He reached forward, grabbing hold of the hazmat suit I was wearing, yanking me forward until my face was right in front of his.

"I asked you to do one simple thing, Phoenix, and you can't even seem to be able to do that. That's very disappointing, especially since this used to be what you did for a living. What a pity," he said before roughly shoving me back, causing me to land in more of the blood.

My stomach began to turn as I hurriedly yanked the mask off of me, turning in time to puke my guts up. I couldn't stop. Every little smell was setting me off over and over, until I was doing nothing but dry heaving.

"Just get her out of here, and get her cleaned up," Scarface yelled out to Shaun as he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

I could hear Shaun sigh out as he walked over to my gasping form. My lungs were desperately trying to draw air back into them. Shaun grabbed a hold of my right arm, pulling me into a standing position. He dragged me out of the room and back to my room.

Shaun opened the door to my room, guiding me over to the bathroom that was attached to the room.

"Get cleaned up," he said before slamming the door shut.

I didn't waste any time getting undressed, ridding myself of the blood-stained items. I jumped into the shower, turning on the water. Not caring if the water hadn't warmed up yet.

I grabbed the body wash and a washcloth as I began to scrub myself. I scrubbed my body from head to toe, only stopping once I felt like I wouldn't be left with any more skin if I carried on.

I slid down the shower wall, as the now warm water cascaded over me. I sobbed out, letting the tears finally fall.

Why me?

How did I end up in such a fucked up situation?

My throat was burning, between all the puking and now crying. I hugged my knees to my chest as loud sobs continued to echo off the bathroom walls.

Why?

Why me?