♮26

"It is what I think it is."

Doyeon walked out of room, scratching the back of her neck.

After Jeno rescued Lia, she wasn't breathing and they had brought her back to the bungalow for some privacy. After some 15 minutes, she was back breathing but still unconscious.

Jeno paced around the room, his hands pulling the roots of his damp hair. He believed it was all his fault. Why couldn't he notice the situation in time? He was on the verge of breaking down but as doyeon came out he let out a cry of relief.

Now with the current case, sat two guilty young adults. Chenle and Yerim were in the living room, feeling extremely bad about what happened, regretting pranking Jeno but more importantly they were worried about Lia. If only they hadn't.

Renjun and Yuri stood beside Lia's bed, thinking of what could've possibly happened. Honestly shocked about the sudden disruption of their so far okay vacation.

Hyeri and Mark decided it was good to go out to get some medicine just in case. While Haechan drove them to the nearest pharmacy and picked up food for the group.

"WHERE IS SHE? WHICH BASTARD DECIDED TO MES-" Hyewon ran when she got Mark's message. She was furious. How dare one do that to their Lia. Jisung was almost certain she would kill anyone in sight. But her mood was instantly changed when she entered the room, the gloomy atmosphere scared her.

"Hyewon wait." Jisung stopped when he saw her face, she looked absolutely terrified, as if something she never expected has happened.

"Jisung-" Her voice more quiet than ever. Tears threatening to spill. The tip of her nose already red.

"No nothing happened hyewon she's okay don't cry." Jisung stepped forward embracing the girl, reassuring her that nothing was wrong.

"I need to check on her." Hyewon wiped her tears making her way towards the room but before she could enter Doyeon stopped her.

"She's fine Hyewon but I think we should give Jeno some alone time with her right now."

Doyeon gestured Jisung to take Hyewon back to their room, which took him a minute to understand.

Jeno lightly pushed open the door, staring at the sleeping girl. Renjun and Yuri noticed his presence and left.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything.
Not even a single word.

He just stood there, processing everything. There was nothing on his mind except her. He wanted to kill whoever did that to her but at that moment, all he could think of is her well-being.

"Lia," There was a long pause before he continued.
"I'm so sorry."

Jeno bit his bottom lip to prevent crying but his attempt miserably failed when his eyes landed on her again.

"I'm so sorry for not noticing quicker. I should've made sure you're okay. That you're safe."
"But I couldn't and I regret not being able to do anything."

"Oh come on Lee Jeno. Don't cry, look at me I'm completely fine." His eyes shot open, not believing his ears. She laid there smiling like she always did.

"You're okay? you're okay."

"Of course I'm okay my love. I could never be not okay with you around can I?" Lia sat up, opening her arms to welcome him in a hug.

"I'm so glad." Jeno snuggled his nose in her shoulder, a few more tears rolling off his eyes.

"Don't be sorry for something you're not responsible for jen. None of us expected this to happen. It was supposed to be a harmless prank but it went wrong somehow."