The New Girl

Rue narrating:
Today, a new girl moved to town. Everyone has been talking about her, she's the main topic all around school. I'm not sure why people make a big deal out of it. Her name is Grace Lemm, she's 15 and moved here with her mother a little sister, who was only a few weeks old. Her dad got thrown in jail with multiple charges...Homicide, theft, selling drugs, shit like that. Grace's mom wanted to get away from all of that, so they moved here.

Grace's POV:
I had just moved to a new town, I obviously didn't know anyone, but my mom did grow up here. I decided I'd go on a walk, hoping I'd pass a gas station, in which I did. I went in and saw a ginger sitting on the counter, he turns his head to look at me as he heard the door open and he spoke.

???: "Wassup, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, I'm just looking for some wrapping papers."

He took a drag of his blunt and pointed to the back.

Fez: "In the back, my brother will hook you up. My name is Fezco, by the way. Call me Fez."

"I'm Grace" We exchanged smiles and I walked into the back, seeing a boy my age counting money. He looks up rolling his eyes as he hears my footsteps.

???: "Ight. whatchu want?" He asked, placing the money down on the table.

"Just some strawberry wrapping papers."

He examined my features for some time, then he gets up and hands me the wrapping papers.

???: "That'll be $10"

I took two 5 dollar bills out of my bra and placed it on the table in front of the boy and thanked him. With that, I walked home.

Mom: "Grace, where the hell have you been?!" She raises her voice slightly, slamming one hand on the table as the other was on her hip.

"Jeez, I only went on a walk."

Mom: *sighs* "No more walking alone."

I rolled my eyes and checked on my baby sister, as I could hear her small cooing coming from her room. As I picked her up, I rocked her and rubbed her back as her head layed on my shoulder, when there was a knock.

Mom: "Grace, could you get that, hun? I'm trying to get dinner started"

I carefully went down the steps, still holding my baby sister and answered the door.

???: "Ay, you left yo phone back at the shop" He said sort of aggressively.

"Thanks. How'd you know where I lived?"

???: "Does it matter?"

"Attitude much?"

???: "Whatever" With that, he handed me my phone.

"Creepy" I scoffed as the boy walked off my porch and got into the car.

Time skip
-----------------------------
Mom: "Grace, get up. First day of school."

I groaned then sat up and went to my closet to look for an outfit. I wanted to make a good impression, but not be too flashy. I laid the outfit out on my bed, then went to brush my teeth and stuff. I returned to my room and started to get dressed.

 I returned to my room and started to get dressed