Chapter 10

The girls were already getting prepared for their big master scam. Kota and Katara were going to be the ones to 'rat' on Toph, and in exchange, earn their reward. Toph was also the one to agree on getting caught due to her metal-bending the bars in her jail cell. The plan was coming into action, as Toph ran from the soldiers then fell due to being captured. She looked up at Katara and Kota who stared down at her with angry and disappointing looks.

"How could you do this to me?! You betrayed me!" Toph shouted to the two girls, struggling against the ropes.

Kota crossed her arms over her chest with a look of disapproval, along with Katara. "You brought this upon yourself." Katara was first to turn away.

"We warned you to stop this nonsense a long time ago." Kota spoke with a cold, harsh tone. "You gave us no choice."

Both girls turned away, only to hear Toph being dragged away to the jail cell. Kota looked to Katara and smiled victoriously, Katara mirroring her actions. They then heard the chief walk towards them with a smile. "You girls did the right thing by turning in 'The Runaway'."

"The right thing is it's own reward." Katara spoke with her head held high.

Kota kicked her sister, resulting a shout of pain from Katara, before smiling to the man. "But of course we still want the actual reward."

The chief let out a chuckle. "Of course. Right this way." He directed and both sisters walked ahead of the man, who slowly walked behind them.

Kota's mood soon began to change, as she sensed a feeling down in the pit of her stomach. She didn't know why she always had these thoughts or signs, but they always turned out to be right. Feeling a sense of caution, Kota grabbed onto Katara's arm as a hint of fear. Katara turned and gazed at Kota's state of wariness, becoming confused with her action.

They eventually made their way into the office while the chief walked around to the front of the desk. He picked out a box and began to open it until he glanced behind the girls and pointed. "That's them! These are the girls you were looking for."

The two sisters whipped their heads around, only to find the metal-man from nights before. Kota gasped and quickly hid Katara behind her, attempting to secure her. The metal-man looked down at Kota with a raised brow, remembering the young prince's words. He then grabbed ahold of her arm, not too harshly, before doing the same to Katara. They struggled against his grip but it was no use. He finally brought them into the same wooden jail cell as Toph and pushed them in.

"Kota! Katara!" Toph shouted as she reached for them. "It's a set-up, they knew-"

"They knew we were planning a scam. Yeah, we know." Kota finished, brining her head into her hands. "What does this guy even want from us?"

"No clue, we'll just have to wait and figure it out ourselves." Katara sighed and rested against the wooden cell. Kota soon joined with the two girls, trying to find a way to escape.

~

It had been hours when the three were captured. However, unlike Katara and Toph who were leaned against the wall, Kota had been meditating, thinking of a possible way out. Somewhere in her mind, she tried to contact Aang along the way due to them being somewhat connected. Nonetheless, nothing was yet coming to her.

"Wait! It's a trap!" Toph exclaimed again causing Kota to crack one eye open at her.

"Really? No kidding! Is that why were sitting in a wooden cage right now?" Katara spoke with a hint of sarcasm. "Gee, how'd you figure out it was a trap?"

"No, not for us, Katara." Toph's comment made Kota's eyes widen in realization as she got to her feet.

"We're the bait. Because this is a trap to get Aang." She finished, feeling her heartbeat race. She began to pace back and fourth in worry and panic for Sokka and Aang. Who knew what this strange man had planned.