Chapter Twenty-One

"Where you takin me, dove? I ain't dressed for no swim," Gunnar questioned her as they walked down the shore of Biloxi beach

Selene took Renee's advice and decided to take Gunnar out fishing. She called ahead at a shop on the beach for a boat and fishing gear, and now they were headed to the shop.

She wanted to do something before Christmas, which was only two days away, and she figured that a day out on the Gulf would be relaxing.

Gunnar needed to relax, he was a tad worried thinking of Genesis and the possibilities of things going wrong.

Already, Selene noticed that he was calmer being near the water.

"We aren't swimming. We will be on the water though," Selene told him and walked ahead of him.

He asked questions the entire ride to the beach, which Selene only answered vaguely.

"You ain't making us water ski?" Gunnar asked.

He wanted to know what Selene was hiding in that pretty head of hers.

She was a good secret keeper.

"No, Gunnar. You're gonna spoil the surprise if you keep asking, just wait. We're almost there,"

Gunnar stared at her dryly but smiled seconds later. "Alrighty, dove. I'll hush,"

They continued walking until they reached a house-looking building.

Benny's Gulf Coast Recreational Utilities

Gunnar was piecing things together.

"You takin me on a boat ride?" He guessed.

It made sense. Benny's rented boats and Selene had a sunhat in her bag.

Selene rolled her eyes playfully. "I told you to stop guessing. We're here, just hold your horses," She did finger guns and laughed.

Gunnar felt like a kid.

He wanted to know now.

But he knew that whatever they were doing, he'd enjoy it.

He loved just being around Selene and they had the whole day to spend together.

They walked up the stairs to the building and Gunnar opened the door for Selene.

"Hey there! Welcome to Benny's, we got everything you need to have a good time on the Gulf," A bald man with a wide grin greeted them kindly.

Selene smiled back at him and walked to the front counter. "Hi! I'm Selene, I called earlier about a boat rental and the add ons,"