Chapter Three

"Now I think a more high-end venue would be nice for you two, I haven't really met him yet, but this just fits your personality well," Danica, Honeydew's mother, told her

Honeydew clicked the link that her mother sent and instantly shook her head. "This isn't me, ma. I want something rustic and I want to get married here, so no more Dallas venues," She said firmly, knowing that her mother would have something to say against it.

"That's fine then. We'll fly out the long-distance family and it'll be all good," Danica said surprising Honeydew with her lack of resistance.

A week had come and gone since the engagement and now Honeydew was tackling the surprisingly easy task of planning her wedding.

Beau had offered his input when he had time and he was as helpful as he could get while juggling work and the boys.

Her eyes trailed to the ring on her finger at the thought of her Beau.

It was a perfect ring for her. He was perfect for her.

He loved her enough to want to have her forever and she felt the same.

"Yeah, Beau's sweet. We haven't talked about a venue yet, but like I said, I want it to be here," She said with a smile.

Danica laughed lightly. "I'm sure he is sweet, Honeydew. You've got love all in your eyes and that smile, I don't have to know Beau to know that he's treating you wonderfully,"

Honeydew's cheeks grew warm at her mother's keen observation. Beau was wonderful.

"And I understand that whatever you both feel is strong enough to have such a rushed wedding, I get it, you don't want to be tempted. Not that I'm downplaying your love, but sexual attraction is something that's normally acted on," Danica explained with a twinkle in her eyes, making Honeydew want to end the call.

Talking about sexual attraction wasn't common with her mother. And it was utterly embarrassing being read like that.

Staying in the same house as Beau the weekend they got engaged was hard, no pun intended.

She didn't even cuddle with him before bed. If he would've put his hands on her with her mind in the place it was, things wouldn't have gone well.

And she didn't even bother to ask how he was with the situation, just hearing something remotely sexual from Beau's mouth would've added to her issue.

They'd talked about abstaining before and it was helpful because they both had an end goal in mind.

A fantastic and highly anticipated honeymoon.

"Mom, let's get back to looking at venues. Mississippi only," Honeydew said while scrolling through the venues. "All that talk and we might just elope," She teased.

Danica scoffed. "Heck no. I didn't push your big head out just to have you run away and get married, no ma'am. I'll hush and you will too."

Honeydew rolled her eyes at her mother's comment and gave a thumbs up.