Chapter Four

"Now, I know you said that you've worked with these things before, but I gotta make sure I give you the rundown," Moses, the supervisor, told Selene with a goofy smile

After flipping the coin, it ended on tails, the option of looking for something else.

And she would've looked, but being at home with her loud thoughts was the last thing Selene wanted.

It was a dangerous place for her to be since she left to get away from the source of the vicious thoughts.

Which is how she ended up getting the job as a receptionist at Hendrik's Autoshop.

"That's fine, I don't mind," Selene answered the man and followed him as he explained how the computer worked.

After leaving the front office, he took her to the workspace.

The very greasy and loud workspace.

She was an actress so disguising her feelings was simple.

She could do this.

"Now, this here is where the work is done. You won't need to come out here, except to bring the calls to us or if I need you, which won't be often." Moses explained and led her back to the front office.

"Payroll is what you'll handle, appointments, books, and you get two breaks, one for lunch, the other for fifteen minutes," He told her and then handed her a nametag. "Gunnar is the head honcho, but he's away for a while. He's a good boss, real good to us here."

'Galia B.'

She smiled at the name and put the tag on her shirt. "Thank you, Moses. I think I can take it from here," She smiled at the short man and his cheeks turned pink.

Why couldn't she just exist without someone finding her attractive?

Thankfully, Moses seemed harmless.

"Alrighty, you just be sure to let me know if you have questions, Miss Galia." He waved lightly and stumbled out of the office.

Working here would be fine.

It came as a shock, but a pleasant one, that no one recognized her yet. It was refreshing to have time to work without being asked to take a picture.

Three hours came and went with Selene, or Galia, answering phone calls and handling the payments of customers.

And now she was dealing with a strong-willed older woman.

Her car was smoking due to putting off a much-needed oil change and tune-up. And as she waited for her car to be fixed, she talked Selene's ear off.

It was pleasant at first with talk about an upcoming festival and the woman's sweet grandchildren, but now she refused to accept Selene's lie.

"Now I may be old, but I am not blind, young lady." Mrs. Teiter said with her hands on her hips. "You sure you've never been told you look like that Selene girl?" She asked suspiciously.