Chapter Two

This was how it began

Every year around this time, November to December, Gunnar would isolate himself.

He loved his friends, but he needed time to think of his wife and the loss he experienced over the last ten years.

It was partially unhealthy, he would admit, but he needed time.

And this time was different.

Because of the feelings that came about the other night, he knew that a different approach was needed.

Honesty was needed.

He had freedom and he trusted God in every way, but freedom and trust could only take him so far.

Being open and truthful with God and himself about his life was going to take his freedom and faith to the next level.

And the best place to do it was his home.

He lived in a log cabin-esque home away from the city. Isolated as he desired.

He rarely had guests only because his home was a place of peace for him. It was the only thing in his life that he was picky about.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength," He murmured and noted it down in his journal.

Along with reveling in peace, Gunnar spent his time at home in the Word.

Now it was most important for him to spend time with God and fill his mind with goodness.

His idle mind after losing Kaitlyn was the reason he slipped back into his addictions, and as it goes, the second time around was harder than the first.

It had been ten years, Gunnar's self-control and faith had gotten stronger so he didn't fear falling again, but he knew that it could happen to anyone.

Again he wrote, 'The joy of the Lord is my strength,'

"It ain't always easy," He said honestly to God.

He wanted to have what Beau and Honeydew had. It was plain and simple.

God always spoke to him and he understood that his desires would change as he continued walking with God.

His desires were now the undeniable truth that he wanted a wife.

'I want a wife.'

He wrote it down and looked to the sky.

"You hear that, Lord? I ain't been sobbin bout my Kaitlyn, she was my love when You had her here, but now it's time." He said strongly without a doubt in his mind that God would deliver.

Now that he let it out, just expressed the desire with faith, he felt better.

It was hard to live without saying everything.