[14] ryder sherwood

FOURTEEN | RYDER SHERWOOD 

     Oversleeping; the practice of sleeping longer than intended. That word right there, practically describes me right now. It was three o'clock in the afternoon and I had just woken up thirty minutes ago. 

Now unlike any other teenager, I hate oversleeping. It always backtracks my schedule and I have to hurry to get things done. Before, when I lived just with Remi, I always had things to do. Like school or helping her clean the house. But now, I graduated and dad has people to clean the house. There isn't really any reason for me waking up early, it's not like I had anything planned.

"Hey, I heard you were going to the Grill earl—" I walked into the kitchen and was immediately questioned by my dear aunt. "Hmm, nice outfit. Where are you going?" She complimented giving me a small smile. My outfit was kinda plain today, but I had to say it was cute. I was wearing a simple black singlet crop top, light-washed high waisted shorts, a sheer white cardigan, and black heeled boots. My blue necklace brought out some color in the outfit, making me eyes pop out.

 My blue necklace brought out some color in the outfit, making me eyes pop out

"I heard you were going to the Grill later." Remi shook her head and kept drinking her coffee, "I changed my mind, I don't want to be surrounded by the lot of them today." She responded shrugging her shoulders before heading out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Hmm, interesting.

Not taking her actions too seriously, I shrugged my shoulders at myself and got my car keys and headed out the door. I was starving and there was nothing to eat in this bloody house.

◦◦◦

The drive to the Grill wasn't long and although I didn't time it, it took 6 songs to drive here. So, that's not too long. Shutting the engine down, I exited my car and proceeded to enter the infamous place. I spotted a booth by the bar, and made my way to it. When I sat down a waiter followed in my footsteps not to later.

"Welcome to the Mystic Grill, what can I get you?" The ginger waiter's name tag read Ariel. Huh, how ironic. She was tall, had dark brown eyes, and bright ginger hair. To be honest, she was quite pretty.

"Hello Ariel, can I get some fries and a bourbon?" She opened her mouth to ask for an ID, but before she could I looked her in the eyes and started compelling, "You already saw my ID, I'm 21." She mimicked my words before she got out of the trance and went to go fetch my fries and drink, not before sending me a smile before going her way.