Did They Fall In Love?- Chapter 14

Whoop we're here!!! Chapter 14 and it's FINAL! I'm sorry if it doesn't do it justice - I just needed a decent ending and this seemed kinda fun and cute.

~~~~~~~~~LET'S JUST GO INTO THIRD PERSON TO BE EERILY CREEPY RIGHT NOW PAGE OF HOPE YOU DON'T MIND~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuzziness."

"I feel clear as a glass of distilled water."

"Sore Throat 40%."

"Like it's laced with nitro glycerin."

A brit was sat on the bed, sitting directly in front of a blond. The blond sported a loose, gray tank top, and orange pajama bottoms in the air conditioned room. The blond's left arm was highlighter orange due to its being in a stiff-looking, but clean, new cast. Orange was his favorite color.

The Brit had dark-brown hair, the color of African coffee beans, and wore a pair of green boxers with a slightly oversized t-shirt. Green was his favorite color.

Both were male.

Both were best friends, but more than best friends simultaneously.

"Nausea, 33%." Jake, the Brit, looked up from his phone with a raised eyebrow.

"You don't understand my pain." Dirk, the one with the broken arm, confirmed. The entire hospital was practically asleep, with most patient's lights put out. They were having fun looking things up about the injury on their hospital sleepover. They were massive fucking dorks.

"On the contrary," Jake lifted a finger, squinting his eyes. "I've broken both of my arms before."

"What - were you wrestling a large ass grizzly bear with a machete and he swung the wrong way?"

"Oh! So the grizzly bear is the one with the machete." Jake rolled his eyes and laughed, putting an emphasis in laughing out the 'oh'.

"I don't know man, those things are pretty smart I've been told. Like fucking dolphins nearly."

"I broke my arm on a swing, actually. I was six.

"Man, that is the gayest thing I've ever heard you do."

"Dirk, we are gay." Besides, swings aren't gay. They're inanimate objects, they don't have sexualities, and they're fun." One corner of his lip perked up, and he leant inwards slightly. "You know what is gay and fun, though?" Jake put his lips onto Dirk's, feeling happy of the lack of sunglasses in the kiss. There was nothing separating the pair. It's funny, how at the start of the relationship, both of them hadn't dared to admit it, but they had been counting the kisses they shared. Now it didn't seem to matter. The kisses felt countless, each one of them was infinite. Such was their love.

"Bi." Was the first thing Dirk said after they parted. "You're bisexual."

"Labels, labels, why do we have to label everything? Gay, straight, bi. Who cares what I am? Who knows what I am, I love you right now. Present tense."

"Bisexuals do not exist, like fairytale creatures or Shakespeare or mountains. They're confused." Dirk's sarcasm made the words seem as false as they were. He sounded like Siri.

"They're confusedosexual."

"No, I don't think you understand." The blonde opened his orange eyes even wider than they had been before, and moved forward, so that his body language screamed sarcastic sincerity. He shook his head. "They're not anything. They're not even a concept. You don't even exist, Jake." Dirk shuffled around, so he could put his head on English's shoulder. "Thank sweet secularism, you exist."

"Or Satan." Jake suggested. Nodding his head, he felt the soft tufts of blonde hair from Dirk's head brush against his cheek.

"Or Satan." Dirk suggested. For a moment they just took in one another's presence. Treasuring it. God knew how long it would last. They wanted every moment of every piece of their lives with each other, as much as they could possibly handle. The crook of Dirk's head fit perfectly with his shoulder. Jake found he liked the weight of it. It was comforting to know there was someone decent physically present in a world that sometimes felt unreal, or cynical.

"It's me and my cyborg boyfriend." Jake sighed. He looked down at the person leaning on him. "How many metal things did they put in your arm in the end?"

"3."

"That's pretty bad, but it's also kinda a turn on." Thoughtful silence filled the room for a moment, before Dirk said what was on Jake's mind. "Can I-"

"Yes, you can tell everyone your boyfriend is a robot."

"How did you know what I was going to say?" Jake smiled, slightly scoffing.

"Dirk shrugged in reply. "Nerds are predictable."

"Bronies are predictable."

"That's such a hateful term, I prefer MLP-enthusiast, and I like it ironically."

"Except for Kitten Fetish, or what her name was."

"Yes, except for Rainbow Sparkle. She's like sunshine and lack of wind on a winter's day." Somehow the two found themselves slowly lying down throughout the conversation.They were sinking further and further into the hospital bed together. Eyes feeling heavier. They felt induced to sleep by serotonin and oxytocin, finding themselves stuck in that place mid conscious and unconscious.

"Sleep? Who said anything about.." Jake yawned. "..sleeping. I'm not tired."

"I didn't say anything." Dirk replied back, laughing slightly into the words. He moved onto his side, so that he could now see into Jake's eyes. They looked slowly closing. They still shined their bright, emerald green. It was like something out of a fantasy film.

"Holy fuck." Escaped out of the blond's mouth. "You're even cuter without your glasses on. Did I ever tell you that? Did I just say that?" Suddenly the blond broke out of his usually calm facade in a lapse of idiocy. Jake found it cute.

"Mnmm, thanks." Jake was holding onto Dirk's healthy hand. He had both arms wrapped around it as though it was a priceless stuffed animal. It was like he was attempting to take advantage of as many functioning arms as Dirk had.

Slowly, the Brit's eyes opened fully, looking up into his love interest's. He stared at them wondrously. Their orange. The dark black pupil. The way the iris contracted as the pupils dilated from the dark. The swirls of fresh color were whimsical. Nearly otherwordly.

"You have the nicest eyes... and you're fit." Jake said, drowsily, and Dirk laughed. "..and smart. How did I ever land you? I love you so much."

"I love you, too." Was the answer.

And so the answer to the question asked in the title of this chapter?

The answer to that is yes.

They loved each other.

And would love each other.

And love each other now. Present Tense.