iv. temporary happiness

❛𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶❜

He felt the warmth of her lips meet his cheek for a second before it disappeared. He watched with wide eyes as she quickly walk up the stairs and opening the door, "Have a good night, James." her soft voice echoed throughout his head.

He felt his body flush with warmth and he knew well enough that his face was probably burning red right now. "Good night, Gracie." He whispered as she closed the door.

He was still frozen in place for a few minutes, processing the fact that a really really pretty girl had just kissed his cheek. When he finally came into his senses, he smiled widely and turned around, walking back to the direction of his hotel, doing a giddy dance as he walked.

Merlin, this was probably the best night of his life

On the other side,

Gracie slid down on the door behind her, a large smile on her face as she felt her whole face burn.

"Oh my God, I can't believe I did that." She squeaked, putting her face on her knees, though the smile never leaving her face.

After a few moments, she got up and walked towards her bedroom, there was a visible skip to her steps.

James Potter was probably one of the attractive person she's ever known, not only that, he was so fucking charming that she found it really hard not to think about him.

Safe to say, she was enchanted to meet him.

.・゜゜・・゜゜・.

As James arrived at his hotel room, he heard the sound of the water running from the bathroom, realizing Sirius was taking a shower. He quickly kicked his shoes off and jumped on the bed, a joyful smile adorning his face.

He stared up at the plain ceiling, pillow in his arms, replaying the night he had. Stuck on his own daydream, he didn't notice the shower turning off, or the door opening, revealing a shirtless Sirius.

Sirius walked out of the bathroom, towel in hand as he wiped his face. He noticed James on the bed, staring at the ceiling with a glazed look on his eyes and wide smile on his face. He raised an eyebrow at his best friend and grabbed a shirt from his trunk.

"I take it you shagged?" Sirius joked, snapping the boy out of his thoughts.

"Better, she kissed my cheek!" James glanced towards him with a child-like smile on his face. That's the first time a girl he was genuinely interested in treated him that way.

Sure he's been to plenty of dates before, lots of one night stands, they meant nothing to him, he couldn't find it in himself to be interested in those girls. Then, there was Lily. The girl he had been pining on for five years, ever since his second year in Hogwarts.

She hated his guts, always throwing insults at him, never appreciating his somewhat excessive attention and effort. It hurt him a lot, even if he never showed it, but it made him doubt himself. This was the first time someone he was interested in treated him nicely.

"Man only a few hours and you're whipped. What happened to Evans?" Sirius whistled.

The question brought him back to reality. He pondered over the question, he had told himself all summer, that this was the year that he was finally going to get Lily, but after meeting Gracie, he wondered if it was time for him to finally give up and find someone new.

"I honestly don't know." James sighed. He couldn't just move on from Lily over night. Though, he had to admit, the few hours he spent with Gracie, not a single thought of Lily ever crossed his mind. Should he take that as a sign?

"Well, Prongs, I think it's time to finally move on, I mean, come on! It's been 5 years and she hasn't shown any sign of interest in you." Sirius advised, this was the first piece of advice he had ever given James that was actually useful.

That left James thinking all night.

❛𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘶𝘱

2 𝘈𝘔, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?

𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 '𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘐'𝘮 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦❜

As always, the happiness was temporary. A few days after meeting the messy-haired boy, the buzzing feeling of joy started to vanish. The demons in her mind took over, it was called overthinking.

She started to wonder if it had been the right thing to kiss his cheeks, she questioned his actions that made her blush.

Was he just being a gentleman?

Was he just being friendly?

Was he taken?

Was he going to forget her?

More and more questions clouded her mind, and it was frustrating her to no end. As always, she decided to put her frustrations to good use, songwriting.

Her life was pretty interesting on the outside.

Gracie Jones, 17 year old singer-songwriter who made a name for herself two years ago when her first performance in the streets caught the attention of many. She was recruited to an agency a week later, that was when her talents were sharpened.

And now two years later, she had made a name for herself after she released two singles and an album. Teenage girls loved her songs, it was something most girls could relate to, heartbreak. Even a lot of boys were fans of her.

She hasn't won any award so far, but she dreamt that one day she could. Though each day, her career was progressing more than ever. Her songs were played on the radio, her performances slash concerts were starting to be broadcasted on television, it was a good life.

But inside, she had a pretty normal life, she went through heartbreaks, has anxiety, watches movies and dramas like any other seventeen year old girl.

Something she wanted to avoid was heartbreak, which was why the question was still lingering on the back of her mind, she could never seem to get rid of it. Even when she tried to sleep, her thoughts went over to the boy.