The Statue

Once I went to babysit this child whose parent went out to dinner on their anniversary. 

Before they left, they told me to stay in the little girl's room once they left due to the girl having nightmares. 

I remember having bad nightmares every night as a child. I would wake up at 3am shouting for someone with a black mask and knife to stop. Every day that guy came back in my dreams someway or other. I eventually stopped having nightmares about them but still remember those times.

After the little girl slept, I went to the restroom really quickly and came back to the room. There was this creepy statue in her room which I didn't remember seeing.  Anyway, I sat down and went on my phone. However, it felt as is the statue was staring at me. I went downstairs and decided to call the girl's parents on the home phone. 

"Hello is everything alright?" Questioned the mother.

"Yeah, she's asleep, but I was kind of creeped out by the statue of yours, so I was wondering if I could move the statue?"

"...Get out now. Grab my girl, run to the neighbors, and call the police now.  We're on our way."

"Why-" I got cut off as the phone call ended.

I went upstairs, still confused as of what happened.

I checked her room and found the girl dead. The statue was in another position of the room.

I never babysitted again after that incident.