Road Trip

I toss my bag in the trunk

"Baby, are you ready to go?" I ask my boyfriend, Levi. He runs out the door, locking the door behind him.

"Yep, just had to grab my phone real quick." He says, crawling into the driver's seat. We agreed we'd take turns driving and he was first. I snuggle into my blanket close.

The cold wind from outside made our noses turn red. Levi rubs his hands together, warming them up using friction. Finally, he starts pulling out of the driveway.

As we drift off, Levi holds my hand smiling.

"Love you princess." He says looking at my face.

"Love you more." I say back, giving him the sweetest smile.

When I wake up it's way after sunset and we're at the gas station. Levi is filling up the gas tank. I take off the blanket and step out into the cold, crisp, air.

I go over to Levi and give him a hug from behind. He notices and finishes up with the gas and returns by giving me a warm hug and kissing me on my head.

"Good nap princess?" He asks

I nod smiling.

"Good, it's your turn to drive now." He says knowing I dread it.

"I'll go get some snacks while you settle back in the car"

He leaves and comes back a few minutes later with a big bag of my favorite chips - hot cheetos, bottles of water, my favorite candies, and two warm cups of coffee.

When he comes and sits into the shotgun seat, I notice a man staring at us. He's rather tall with a big smile on his face from ear to ear. He waves, still smiling and staring deep into my eyes.

"Do you know that guy, baby?" I ask

He looks up at the man, "No...I don't think so, even if I met him I'd remember a face and smile like that." He replies

After a few more hours, I pull up to Taco Bell to grab something to eat.

"Wake up baby, let's get food." I say

He stretches a bit, before getting out of the car.

While waiting for our order, I got an uneasy feeling. My instincts tell me to turn around.

I have to bite my lip from screaming. The man stands only a few feet away from me. Waving, and smiling.

He almost says something, but instead walks outside.

My head is pulled away from my thoughts when my name is called for my order. I smile, thank them, and hurriedly bring it back to the table we settled at.

"Levi. That guy was here again." I whisper-shout, pulling him from his daze. His eyes shoot open.

"Creepy smiling guy?!"

I nod still creeped out.

"What the hell does he want?" Levi says angry

We hurry and and eat our food looking out for the "Creepy smiling guy"

We finish silently and walk to the car.

"Let's get out of here." I insist

Levi pulls out as soon as possible.

Something still feels wrong. We aren't safe. I felt that instinct again to look back.

I whip my head around, only to be greeted by the "Creepy smiling guy," smiling as always with his finger held up to his lip telling us to be quiet...with a knife in his other hand.