14

Jason's pov;

A few weeks later, Megan had seemed to adapt to this new routine. She went on patrol Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (sometimes Thursdays). We had some more arguments over those weeks about whatever. It always seemed to be on patrol.

I knew in every argument that I was in the wrong. I don't know why I argued with her. Maybe it was because I didn't like seeing her in her Domino outfit after what she did. But I know I'd have to get over that.

Our relationship outside patrol was alright. We barely spoke to each other. She would come over to Wayne manor when I left which was weird but understandable.

Today, though, was a Friday. I had work to do at the lounge so I drove over there. I moved past the crowd of sweaty dancing people. I think people forget that this place is a lounge, not a nightclub.

I walked upstairs and into my office. I kicked my feet up to my desk and sighed.

Megan.

I don't know why but she was always on my mind. Through all of the shit we deal with today, I still see her, 13 year old her. At the party where I taught her how to dance. Her dad took her to that party and Bruce took me. Obviously us being stubborn teens, we weren't very invested in the party so we had fun with each other.

We were so young and happy. That was before what happened to me happened.

She needed me and I just disappeared.

I shook my thoughts out of my head and started filing the paperwork. Some companies tried to offer their drinks to us which I declined, wary of their 'drinks'. Some other paperwork blah blah.

I didn't know this job would be this boring.

I looked through the glass down to the group of people on the dance floor. Then I saw her. Megan. She was at the bar laughing at whatever she was laughing at. I could tell she was drunk.

Why the fuck was she here? She has patrol.

I walked downstairs and past everyone.

"Oh, Hey, Jay!" She stuck her arms out and fell into my chest. I grabbed her hand and walked her upstairs to my office. She kept squeezing my hand when we walked past the bigger, buffer kind of men.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm doing you a favour...Just enjoying my Friday." She smiled and walked around the office.

"You're supposed to be on patrol.." I sighed, pinching my nose.

"Yeahhh..but I figured this would be more fun." She walked towards a table with some pictures on it and lifted one up.

"Oooh, who are these guys?" she pointed at the group of people beside me in the picture.

"That's Roy, Kory, Artemis and Bizarro.."

"I'm assuming Bizarro is the huge one.." She gasped into laughter.

"Yeah, They're my best friends."

"Even the redhead? Just best friends?"

"No me and Roy-"

"Not him, silly. He looks like he's together with...Kory?" I nodded as she smiled knowing she got Kory's name right. "Artemis. That's the one I'm talking about."

I chuckled and walked towards her. I put the picture back on the table.

"Was she your girlfriendddd?" She teased with a smile.

"It was complicated. Didn't work out." I sighed.

"You still love her?"

There was a brief moment of silence before I cleared my throat. Megan looked like she was anticipating my answer.