9

Megan's pov:

Why? Why was he making it so hard to hate him? I have to hate him. What he had done to me was sick. I don't love him at all but why can't I hate him?

I walked down the stairs, tears in my eyes. I rushed to the bathroom and let everything out. As my tears splashed into the sink, I looked in the mirror.

God, I look so ugly and weak. Like a monster. A murderer.

I grabbed some tissue and wiped my eyes. My nose was all stuffy so I wiped it in order to look relatively normal.

Why was he doing this to me?

I breathed in and out and walked back out to the ball.

Nothing really happened. I spoke to Dick but most of the time I sat down and listened as everyone conversed. Bruce had a speech blah..blah party over.

I sighed and got up to walk out but I was stopped by Bruce.

"Megan, could I borrow you for a sec?"

I shrugged and followed him into a room.

"What is it?"

"I was thinking..if you'd join us." Bruce said.

"What? Like Domino?"

"Yes."

I looked at him as if he was dumb.

"I thought we were past that." I folded my arms.

"Megan, your combat skills are very effective. Jason has told me and I've seen you fight him."

"You have?"

"Just from afar..You're good. And your intelligence. Not just in fighting but your combat intelligence. It's really amazing."

"Thanks?" I let out an awkward laugh. "You really want me, a murderer, to join you guys..?"

"You could use your ability for good." Bruce said.  He was very convincing.

I sighed.

"I'll think about it." I left the room and walked into somebody. Jason. He looked down at me and I looked up at him. Unnerved by the situation, I stepped away from him.

"Goodnight." He said. "Drive home safely."

I nodded.

"Yeah, I will."

I walked outside and immediately regretted not bringing a coat. I rubbed my arms, trying to heat them up. I walked to my car and opened the door.

Driving home, I couldn't stop thinking about him and how he apologised. His eyes were so soft and I felt bad.

I felt bad for something he's done.

I made it back home and took off my dress, that pooled around my ankles. I tiptoed out of it and made my way to my bedroom where I just sat there.

For some reason, I got up and looked in my closet. The Domino gear. Truly something.

I let my fingers trace over the fine lines. It was beautiful. Sometimes, i can't believe that I made this.

I can't believe how after everything I've been through, I'm still standing.