Vol. 15 What Just Happened?

(Bruce is immediately escorted into the apartment living room/kitchen/dinning room space. With a whoosh the door immediately closes behind him)

Bruce- Hey, buddy is Nat a good baby sitter?

Nat- (Ignores his joke and hugs him) I'm so glad you're here

Bruce- I'm sorry about not mmh (gets a little lip kiss) What was that about?

Nat- Ohh nothing just (Smacks him upside the head with a toy) Why in the world didn't you call back or at least tell me before hand all of the unavailable cellphone usage. Humm I'm mad at you for the sudden abandonment. Dr. Banner

Bruce- (slouches down into a low and shy-ish posture) Last time you called me was when you caught me holding the refrigerator door for a female colleague

Nat- (offendend gasps with an annoyed huff) We both know what she was really doing, the whole "favor to ask, door trick". I should know I've done it before- I mean I used to do it until I married you (Laughs nervously)

Bruce- (slightly annoyed glare) You don't need to pretend you're never actually done that suductive move. I know who you were before you actually let me be your partner

Nat- Can't you just say you know who you married and move on. You don't need to give such a complicated response

Bruce- I know who I married and it's ok to be a little jealous. Just know I (grabs hand and gives a gentle rub of the knuckle then just holds her hand) don't need other women. When all I need to do is just come home and there you are. (Let's go of hand and gets down on the floor to see her eyes glisen and whisper) You're all I need. You're more than enough women to keep me coming back for more. (Gets up to kiss her forehead then gently moves back to the couch and hugs her from the side and holds her)

(Both spend time taking care of Dante until Alex comes home and makes a calculated slip. On her planned babysitting scheme before closing the door on them in a rapid motion)

Two seconds later he's still fidgeting with his hands and looking at the ground. He clears his throat lightly and mumbles out an apology ashamed of what he's done

Bruce- I... M, I'm sorry

Nat- (turns around) Why (short pause then a deep breath filled with pain) Do you not think I could do it on my own (slightly angry) did you believe I (grabbing him by the coller and shirt so as to not make a scene and whispering angrily) can't be a suitable mother. That you needed to test me (thightening her grip over his shirt and coller) I may not seem like the most maternal or loving person you've met. But I'm trying.

She then let's go of his shirt and they walked off to the car. Were they drive off in silence until getting home were she heads off and stands in the living room waiting for him to close the door. Before crossing her arms at him and letting him put his things away as well as regaining her thoughts. Not wanting to yell or say anything she'll regret later. And also deciding to let him explain himself before starting the discussion up again.

(Bruce comes into the living room after putting everything away standing in front of her now with hands nervously tucked into his pockets waiting for her to face to grow a little softer)