Chapter 34 - Loving vs Losing

If you were to ask any employees within Nam Tower - they would say the day started very normal and nothing was out of place. An average work day was expected but when the clock hit noon...everything changed. Those who were lounging or on break on the ground floor got a chill up their backs out of nowhere. A bad feeling started to settle in some and when the elevator doors opened with multiple black suits exiting them - they knew what was happening. The return of both Thamon and Fa Ying shocked everyone. The two were not expected to be back for another week. Once certain employees saw their respective boss, they ran for the elevators and stairs to go warn their fellow co-workers. The owners were then greeted by their employees and it was Mew who was the last one to show his face. All he wanted to do was send Saint some type of message to inform him of this but sadly that request was not going to happen. Mew moved out of the way for them to walk and followed behind with the rest of the employees. He watched as everyone scrambled around and could only guess how the rest of the day would go.

Mew thought that when they arrived on the 50th floor that his bosses would go attend to their own business but Thamon followed him into his office. He offered him his actual chair to sit in but was met with a quick no.

"This is your office Nong. I'll survive sitting in a normal chair" Thamon sat himself down and turned his head to the left to see his workers doing their jobs but also an empty office not too far.

"Right - umm...what brings you by? I mean..why come back so early? If i remember correctly you two still had a week left on your vacation"

"Even I can admit visiting in-laws has a time limit, but also two workaholics can not stay away for too long. The minute she heard about the painting location mixups, she started to worry about the rest of her collections coming in"

"We both figured she would worry. N'Sai-"

"Where is...my grandson?"

"Oh..He has a meeting in..." Mew quickly tapped his finger on his phone for it to show the time "in 30 minutes"

"With?"

"An old business partner of P'Thorn sir. She reached out to the company with her condolences but also asked to meet nong in person"

"Do you know how long the meeting will be?"

"No sir"

"Mhm...whenever he comes back to the office or messages you that hes out of it, do tell him that we expect him over for dinner tonight. There are things we need to discuss"

"I'll let him know"

---

Saint could feel himself get more annoyed by the minute. He has three friends who live in this neighborhood but none of them informed him of the decent amount of houses that were being renovated or having new furniture dropped off and put in. Big SUVs and trucks took up the slim roads and with every detour - a piece of his sanity was taken. He looked at his watch while waiting at a stop sign and saw 3:45pm on it. He was supposed to arrive at the house almost fifteen minutes ago.

After pulling into the driveway and locking his car door, he walked up to the entrance of the house and rang the doorbell. When no one answered for two minutes, Saint started to press the button repeatedly but with more of a beat added to it. He was doing a little dance too when it was all interrupted by a voice that could be heard from above him. He stepped back and saw Opp leaning on the railing of the patio section on the second floor.

"Saint...do you have a deathwish?" Opp rubbed his eyes and looked back down to his grinning friend.

"Not really but I think you have to get in line for that. Orn has been ahead of all of you for years. Now let me in!!"