Chapter 12 - Taking Care of Him

"And that is Saint Suppapong Namsiripongpun. Sole heir to Namsiri Bank and T&S Art Gallery '' is what ran in the back of Zee's mind as the night continued. He wanted to go up and greet Saint and maybe even talk to him but Opp informed him it would be a lost cause. Saint's so-called shadow, P'Mew, was following his every move and guiding him from one person to another. As he watched Saint from afar, he began to realize he had seen some of these people before...in the portfolio from when they talked in the library.

The trio was taking their new findings differently. Zee was the more quiet one thinking inside his own head, Max asked roughly two questions and then started to eat food, and Tommy was the one who was about to lose his mind. It terrified him knowing that the president of their university was here, let alone it being her son's surprise party. Zee was brought back to reality when Tommy waved his hand in front of him.

"Earth to Zee? Are you still there?"

"Mhm.Yeah I umm am"

"Okay good. I thought you were going to stay stuck what that weird look on your face"

"Weird look -"

"Anyways, I knew I recognized N'Saint from somewhere but I couldn't remember where. It's crazy to think this whole time we have been working in the same building that his family's owns. Do you think he's had one of the burnt coffees I've made??"

"I - I don't think so." Tommy let out a sigh of relief before getting up to grab a little food.

Even after yelling surprise to Billy when he came into the room with a blindfold on and dinner being served, Saint would still be across the room talking to people.

Those still at the table were greeted by the birthday boy who looked exhausted but happy to have two pieces of cake on his plate.

"This sugar is going to be my energy to get through the rest of the night."

"Enjoy it while you can because your mom was already looking for you" Opp said with a mocking tone.

"Ughhh, how come you can have it easy at every party" Billy whined before placing his fork down. "You know next time I'll have my sisters make sure your mom's invitation doesn't get "lost in the mail" like it has for the past four events. Where is your dad anyway? P'Kanda said both him and your younger brother RSVP'd"

"New wifey wanted to go on vacation to Europe and being the pushover he is, my father agreed to it and took my little brother with them. P'Rain is here doing obligation number two." Their conversation was interrupted by Zee asking them what exactly obligation number two was.

"Because we are the heirs, and in Orn's case an heiress, of our family's businesses we have obligations. When we're young, there aren't many of them at first besides keeping a good image and grades. It's as we enter adulthood that we need to attend event after event, meet people and gain some type of position within the company." Billy stopped talking to look in the direction that Saint, Orn, and Rain were in.

"In the eyes of our parents and grandparents, any type of event or party becomes the perfect opportunity for us to meet those like us but also possible future investors. It's what those three are currently doing and what I will be doing too once my mom finds me."

For a good amount of the party, Saint was standing, talking to people and drinking whatever he was offered. His first time sitting down was for dinner but after his plate was cleared and finished, he was back to standing. Opp's older brother, Rain, was the first person to offer him a chair to sit in as they talked. They were both able to get away with not discussing business or anything related to it. The conversation was just about Rain adjusting to being back in Thailand after being away in Korea. It was their time to relax for a bit...until someone came up to them.