Wali ولی

" I graduated top of the class at Yale, my research paper was presented at the International Business Forum and my thesis is still used as a guideline for the students and what am I doing now? Babysitting the Gashkori Brat!" Huzaifaa huffed at an amused Baasit.

" I'm honoured to have provided you with that privilege Huzi, you're welcome!" Baasit said cheekily much to his assistant's annoyance.

" I didn't say thank you" Huzaifaa tightened the tie around his neck more and smirked when Baasit narrowed his eyes at him.

" I'll do it myself" Baasit snatched the knot from his assistant's hands and began straightening it up, " don't want to die on my wedding day" he mumbled discreetly.

" You should start paying me extra for being your mother when I'm not being your assistant!" Huzaifaa told off his Boss as he held up the blazer for him.

His irritation increased ten fold when Baasit just started laughing at his words.

" What's so bloody funny!" He seethed and his boss laughed even more.

" You're my Work Wife" Baasit bent over, his stomach hurting remembering that fateful day.

" As Miss Manaahil Ghazi had put it so eloquently" Baasit reminded him about the conversation that he had with the Ghazi Heiress when she had barged in his office unceremoniously.

" Another entitled rich brat" Huzaifaa twisted his lips in distate remembering that obnoxious girl.

" You're one to talk Mr I'm-Leaving-My-Family-Inheritence-Wanting-To-Make-It-On-My-Own!" Baasit teased his PA who looked away sheepishly, his ears turning red in embarassment.

" I didn't want no part of the fortune that was built without any help from me. I can't live a life of luxury without earning it rightfully and just because I was born into it" Huzaifaa shrugged his shoulders, his hands in his pockets and his stance rigid.

Baasit had a reverential look in his eyes as he looked at his best friend. The man who has been there through thick and thin with him. The man who was just like a brother and the man who was also an heir to one of the biggest Landlords in the country!

Gulaam Ali Qizilbash had inherited his father's landlord title and the Pushtaini paisa that had been passed down from generation to generation. So rich were they that they could feed their ten generations and still have some left over.

Gulaam Ali had fathered only one son who by the twist of fate had taken after his kind and righteous mother Nagma Bano and had refused to be a part of the business. He had worked harder than what was expected of him and secured a fully paid scholarship to a foreign business school, with accomodation and other fares.

His son Huzaifaa Zaki Qizilbash.

The son who looked like his own reflection with his towering height of six feet and five inches, his chocolate brown hair and his greenish grey eyes. One could easily mistake Huzaifaa as his father from the younger days but Gulaam Ali felt that wasn't enough. Because his son had turned his back on him and walked away from all the wealth that they had amassed over the years for a life in a foreign country.

And he was still bitter about it.

" Speaking of the Ghaazi Princess, I saw an announcement at the Family Courthouse noticeboard about their wedding" Huzaifaa informed his Boss when he finished knotting his tie.

" Huh?" Baasit looked up at him confused and he didn't even resist the urge to roll his eyes.

He went ahead and did it.

Rolled his eyes at his Boss for the millionth time since he's come into his employment.

" You do know you have to announce your wedding and display it on the noticeboard for an entire month even if you wish to have a simple courthouse wedding, right?" Huzaifaa asked him incredulously and Baasit had the audacity to smirk at him.