Sarparast-۲

" Jamaal?"

He tried pulling the Major's body to safety and he was successful to an extent but time was of essence.

" Jamaal?"

This was not a drill back at camp. This was war. This was happening right now and the man's life hung in balance.

" Jamaal, uthein!"

He had to be inconspicuous if he wanted to live. If he wanted to save the man's life.

" Jamaal!"

The loud panicked shriek finally managed to get through his hazy mind and he woke up with a start.

Jamaal looked around and he was back in his own bed. Just like he has been everyday since the last year when he saw the Major's face. But this time instead of the plain white walls greeting him, he was met with the worried face of his Little Hurricane.

Seerat stood at the side of his bed, staring down worriedly at her man and her heart went out to him seeing him so pained.

Her poor baby didn't have a peaceful moment even in sleep!

" Hey" Jamaal drawled sleepily, his breathing returning to normal.

The darkness surrounding him suddenly seemed to disperse because the sun was out.

His own personal sun.

" Hi" Seerat greeted back now overcome with shyness.

She averted her eyes when Jamaal maneuvered around in bed and the slipping quilt revealed his vest clad body.

His well built vest clad body.

" Come here" Jamaal moved his pillow and made space for her actually expecting her to abide by his request.

Seerat looked at him as if he had lost his mind but sighed in surrender when his face showed the seriousness his words held.

She sat down by his pillow, her fingers nervously fidgeting and gasped in shock when he discarded his pillow and laid his head in her lap, holding her hand to his chest.

" What are you doing!" She exclaimed in a scandalized tone and Jamaal chuckled a little.

" Shhh! I'm still sleepy and this seems like an excellent place for some shut eye" he teased her and pretended to doze off.

" Badi Ammi is just outside!" She tried telling him quietly but the stupid man just snuggled more in her lap, now holding her hands even tighter.

Seerat sighed before giving up and leaning back on the headrest as she freed one of her hands from his grip and started running her fingers in his hair. She smiled when his lips turned upwards in contentment and leaned down to place a barely there kiss on his head.

" Now who's taking advantage of whom?" Jamaal said naughtily while still snuggled up in her lap.

" You! It will always be you!" She sassed back and he finally opened his eyes to look up at her face.

" I'm only glad" he smiled at her and kissed her hand, holding it against his chest again.

" What are you doing here?" He raised his eyebrows at her in question and was alert when she grinned mischievously at him.

" You have to take me to college from today. Abba said he's washing his hands off of this duty and since you already promised to bear my tantrums all our lives, he said this is your responsibility as well" Seerat laughed as did Jamaal.

" Uff Allah! Kya gunaah kiya tha maine!" He exclaimed dramatically much to her surprise.

Because all her life she has only seen him brood and sulk!