▪︎ Chapter 3 ▪︎

(Just a reminder that Aiko is y/n's undercover name)

▪︎Venti's POV▪︎
I felt kind of bad after unveiling Aiko's secret of being bald in front of two people she didn't know. Maybe she shaved off her hair for a family member or a friend who has cancer. She must be a good friend. Just like Y/N. If it wasn't Y/N 4NEMO wouldn't have debunked in the first place, I wonder how Y/N is doing with her new life.

Knock Knock.

"Come in"
It was Kazuha. What did he want?
"Venti, I just want you to know that Xiao is currently mad about you putting flour in his hair dryer." Kazuha warned me before not to do it but Xiao always falls for my pranks and his reactions are priceless.
"XIAO CALM DOWN SERIOUSLY-" oh god looks like Aether is trying to calm that emo boy down. "Not till I give Venti a massive beating!" I should really start running.

After that goose chase I managed to survive that horrifying experience. I felt like I was on the brink of death when he almost pulled out one of my braids but I can't help but feel there's something off about Aiko. Her voice sounds familiar but I can't put my finger around it. Change of topic I really hope Aiko doesn't vanish like the other managers in the past.

.
.
.

▪︎ Next day ▪︎
Y/N POV

First day of investigation. Ayaka and Thoma are currently on watch at the current cameras in the city while I did my usual routine. Once I put on my work outfit I had to put on a wig cap that made it look like I was bald just in case someone in that building snatches my wig.
Why in the name of the archons did I say I was bald....
Once I was ready for the day with my beautiful Aiko disguises Thoma gave me my earpiece just in case for emergencies if I screwed up and blew my cover and headed off to Cocogoat ENT.

Once I entered the building I was greeted with the same blond male from before the interview. "Oh I see you got the Job well congrats." I didn't know what to do. I just smiled and replied
"Thank you very much, I believe I have told you my name before anyways if you don't remember me my name is-"

"Aiko right"

This guy has a strong memory, usually it goes in one ear then out. "Yes my name is indeed Aiko, I didn't get your name though" to be honest he looks like that one quiet kid in the class. "Oh yes! I'm Albedo, manager of the newest team here. TVT dreams. Anyways there is a small meeting for managers this morning. Would you like me to accompany you before you get lost again?"
I let out a gigantic sigh and accepted his help.

Still the building was like a giant maze but once we got there I spotted two females. One had brunette hair with pigtails and the other one had red hair and some antler accessories.

"Hey ya! You must be the new girl anyways. All of that aside my name is Hu tao the director of Wangsheng funeral parlor and the manager of DZCK on my left is Yanfei! Cmon Yan Yan! Go introduce yourself!" Hu tao seems to be really energetic but quite mischievous. I wonder how busy her life is.

"Anyways as you heard from Hu tao I'm yanfei. The second Manager of L/yue, the old manager of L/yue Yun jin wanted to pursue her Liyue opera dream." Yanfei feels like she knows almost everything. Maybe I will be able to squeeze out a bit of entail about this case.

"Haiyaa! Albedo and Aiko please take a seat! It feels very awkward while you both stand there" for a small meeting it almost feels like friends hanging out. Yanfei prepares herbal tea from Liyue. As I took a seat on the couch Hu tao started to ask so many questions