A Painful Birthday Present

A/N: okay not proof-read i never proof read so i don't know why i am telling you guys this. okay well enjoy i guess

As a book nerd I have always loved reading romance novels, not exactly erotica, even though I have read the Fifty Shades Trilogy, erotic scenes don't really do it for me. My sappy self believes in fireworks, electricity, pure passionate love that is so apparent and on the surface that it can be seen by a blind's eye. The kind of love that makes others, envy you, so beautiful that even the most beautiful of things seem plain in front of that love. I know it's impossible to find love like that, but I am still curious to know what it would be like to have someone love me like that.

As I was staring into Michael's eyes, I was grossly disappointed to find that the love I want to see shine bright in his eyes for me wasn't there. He might be good at masking his emotions, but where is even the sliver of passionate love I want to see in his eyes? Am I too naïve to see that Romeo and Juliet kind of love doesn't exist, that the kind of love Hernani felt for Dona Sol is nothing but some beautiful words written by Hugo?

Is my love life with Michael going to be completely the opposite of what I have always wanted, is it going to be completely fruitless and passionless?

"So, Michael how much do you love me and what do you love about me?" I asked, curiously.

"Oh my love for you is too much that my heart can't hold it all in, it is all but ready to burst out of its seams. And I love your hair like a lot."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his cheesy, but yet not at all romantic reply. This conversation reminds me of last year. Mark was going through his acting phase and I asked him the dreaded question, "How much do you love me?" Mark, for some reason took a liking to acting last year, obviously his god-like looks were a big reason why he was casted for every single play he auditioned for. After his amazing performance as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, I teasingly asked my Romeo as his pretend Juliet to tell me how much he loves me. Mark's answer had me putty in his hands and I had to hold onto the curtains to not fall over, I still remember the way he said Romeo's lines so sincerely to me, "My bounty is as bountless as the sea, my love as deep the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."

Why can't Michael say things like that? For God's sake, he is an English teacher! He should be reciting sonnets to me. Sigh. Maybe I am being too whiny, maybe I expect too much. Michael isn't the first guy who has ever said "I love you" to me, all my past boyfriends have told me that, but he is the only one who waited so long to tell me that. I thought maybe he will say sweet nothings to me all day after confessing his undying love for me.

"Awwh aren't you sweet, I am hungry, do you have anything to eat here?"

After that heart felt moment in Michael's class I went to his apartment with him. There we talked about anything and everything. Michael told me how passionate he is about his photography and one of these days he will like to have me as a model for his photography. He called me beautiful numerous times, and kissed me continuously for about half an hour, after all that pampering I finally agreed to be his "muse."

Like it does every time I am doing something productive-my phone vibrated. I checked to see who disturbed my time with my lovely boyfriend, who loves me. I saw that I received a text from the guy who sends my heart into frenzy every time he smiles at me. I don't know why I am so sappy today, but Mark is a different story, he will forever be in my heart no matter what. God I sound like one of those girls from romance novels, I should stop reading so many of those.

Hey Meme are you home? I gave you a ride to school this morning; so, I thought you might want to go back home with me, but you never called or anything. I am worried, please text me back.