A Dead Doppelganger

A/N: i don't know how i managed to update so fast even though the last chapter didn't have many reads but whatever and this is the second upload in the same week now please don't request any more updates for like a week or so....enjoy!

And this chapter is dedicated to ToastedBagels, she is very talented i love her book Float and yeah....

Mark was sitting on my bed when I walked in feeling giddy and very happy.

Mark noticed the grin on my face, he raised his eyebrows questioningly. I jumped on the bed, rattling it; I sighed and showed Mark the dress Michael got me. Mark was examining the dress like it had all the answers to world domination. After inspecting it for a full minute and then he hung it in my closet and lied down beside me.

                “Wow! I guess I know what you see in him now.”

                “What is that supposed to mean? I am not after his money, I actually like him.” I replied, offended. He is not even that rich, or I think he’s not, just how well do I know this guy I am dating?

                Mark cupped my cheek and turned it sideways, so, that I was facing him, “do you Mariah? Do you really?” he asked, his face lacking all the playfulness it had before.

I turned away from him and shrugged, “I really don’t know Mark, I do like him, but I don’t know if I like him enough to be his girlfriend you know,” Mark took my hand and kissed my knuckles. “You won’t always be confused, time will make everything clear for you, as Edward R. Murrow once said, “The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer,” Mark finished with a thoughtful look on his face.

                “okay who is this Edward R. Murrow guy? And since when do you have such deep things to say?” I asked.

                “ I have always been deep, you’re just too shallow to see it,” Mark retorted playfully.

I punched him which made him laugh even more, making me huff out a breath of frustration. I avoided Mark’s mocking gaze when my eyes fell upon the dress. I should probably go shopping to get some accessories with this gorgeous dress. With that in mind I turned to face Mark, grinning. He looked confused and frowned at me.

                “Let’s go shopping!” I squealed making his frown deepen.

He sighed but nodded his head anyways.

I rushed to the bathroom to get ready, leaving Mark to be annoyed by his lonesome.

I was grinning widely and walking very fast towards the food court, with Mark dogging behind me while reminding me again how much he hates shopping.

I rolled my eyes before taking a seat close to all the food items as Mark helpfully pointed out.

I was looking around the food court when I noticed a bunch of girls looking in our direction, some were looking at Mark with an awestruck gaze, while others were glaring at me. I never understood this glaring thing girls do, I mean it’s not like I stole him away from them, he was never theirs, so, instead of shooting daggers at me they should grow a pair and come talk to him.

I turned my gaze upon Mark; he was looking at me with an amused look clear on his gorgeous face.

                “Meme, you know what you should do to repay me for dragging me around the entire mall?” Mark asked.