Chapter 6: 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝑫𝒆𝒆𝒑

Song Recommendation: Latin Instrumental Mix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGTOVcfcFk&list=PL-DH6Os60o9j_Usm1pTPeXmaDnCdJWkT3&index=58&t=3208s

   As I walked to Dario's stall area, I noticed it seemed a lot busier than usual. The townspeople appeared to be preparing for something. Casita's event, perhaps?

   I spotted an older, middle-aged couple near the spot that Dario usually was, and walked up to them.

   "Hola, señor y señora." I began. "Do you know Dario?" I asked. The woman nodded.

   "Hi, we're his parents. You're Imena, right? It's so nice to meet you." she said, holding out her hand. I took it, shaking it softly and nodding.

   "My name is Darlena. This is my husband, Mario." she said. I tilted my head and smiled slightly.

   "Is that where Dario's name came from? Darlena and Mario?" I asked. The woman nodded happily.

   "Yes, yes." she said. Señor Mario spoke up.

   "It was my idea, and she was against it at first." he chuckled, placing a hand on his chest. "But, she eventually warmed up to it. We've heard a bit about you, and it's nice to meet you. Dario isn't here right now, but he should be back soon." he said.

   "Where'd he go?" I asked.

   "He's out making deliveries with his uncle. He told us that if you showed up to ask you to wait. He didn't really expect you to be here, though." señora Darlena explained. I held my hands behind my back, clasping them together and rocking back and forth.

   "Oh." I said.

   "If you don't have time to wait, we'll just let him know you were here." señor Mario offered. I shook my head.

   "I can wait a while." I said. "Can I help in anyway?"

   "Oh, well sure! If you can help me gather these bags of ingredients and load them into the cart, that'd be wonderful." said señora Darlena. I nodded and helped her out.

   "I'll bring out a chair and some water for you." señor Mario said, walking inside a building behind them.

   When he came back out, he set the chair up and stuck an umbrella into the ground, opening it.

   "Thank you so much, señor." I said, bowing.

   "No problem." he responded, walking back over to his wife. I sat down in the chair under the umbrella and looked around.
The sun was pretty bright now, and the temperature was rising steadily. 

   "So, what are you and Dario planning to do?" señora Darlena asked me. I took a sip of my water.

   "He was going to teach me a bit about baking. I've never baked anything before, so it should be interesting." I answered. Señora Darlena nodded.

   "I've heard so many nice things about you, Imena." she said. I smiled, tilting my head.

   "Like what?" I asked.

   "Dario tells us about how nice you are, and that he enjoys talking to you a lot." I furrowed my brows confusedly.

   "Wow, I didn't know he enjoyed my company that much." I said.

   "Oh, he very much does." señora Darlena smiled.

   "Well, I like talking to him, too. He's nice." I said, nodding. I looked around the area, squinting my eyes to protect them from the sunlight. "Hm, I think I'll head home now. Dario and I can hang out some other time." I said.