Chapter 3: 𝑺𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓

Song Recommendation: The same background music as last chapter

Imena's POV:

   It's been a little over a month since I came to the village of Encanto, and I think I love it here. The Madrigals are so nice, and I love spending time with them.

I said I loved talking to the Madrigals, but that's not wholly true.

   Camilo seems to be the only one that I haven't gotten to know very well. He likes to mess with me a lot, and it's almost like he wants to get on my nerves. I think that when he's done with his chores, he deliberately sniffs me out.

   I occasionally entertain him but...I don't think he likes me.

   On the other hand, Mirabel and I have become essentially best friends, and I love her to death. We hang out everyday, and I always enjoy spending time with her.

   One of my favorite things to do is to drink tea in the morning with señora Pepa, Julieta, and Abuela.

Another is to take lone walks through the village.

   "Buenos días, señora Pepa." I said, walking downstairs.

She looked up from where she was sitting on a couch, reading.

   "Buenos días, mi dulce (my sweet)!" she responded, smiling brightly.

   "You look radiant today." I said. She thanked me, and I continued walking outside. When I stepped out, Camilo was there, his lips curled into a teasing smile.

   "Aye, Imena. You trying to soften up mi mamá? Why?" he asked, stepping closer.

   "I'm not 'softening' her up, Camilo. I'm just being nice." I said.

Camilo tsked, putting his hands in his pockets.

   "It'd sure be nice if you'd extend that curtesy to me." he said, tilting his head towards me.

   "It would be, wouldn't it?" I asked rhetorically, walking past him.

   "Espera (hey, wait), Imena! Where are you going?" Camilo asked.

I turned to face him.

   "Why do you need to know?" I asked.

He shrugged.

   "Don't worry about it. But, if I catch you following me, we're going to have a problem."

   "Don't worry. I can't bother you right now, even though you want me to." Camilo responded. "I have to get to my chores."

I rolled my eyes.

   "Great. Bye." I said, walking off.

   "By the way," Camilo called after me. "If I were following you, you wouldn't know. Solo decir (just saying)."

I turned to face him, walking backwards.

   "Way to make yourself sound like a creep! Round of applause!" I said, clapping sarcastically.

   Camilo nodded, seemingly regretting what he said, or rather how he said it.

His expression soon turned into one of amusement, and he chuckled to himself.

~~~~~~~~

   I met up with Mirabel in the village, as we were there to get treats and supplies for our sleepover.

   "Do you think we should get blueberries for the masks?" Mirabel asked me.

I nodded.

   "Blueberries are excellent. If we don't use them for masks, we can just eat them." I said.