Chapter 5: 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒐

A/N: A sketch of Dario. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I did my best.  Couldn't tell you how many times I redid his eyes and mouth. Ahh, he looks so weird to me now because I've been drawing and working on this for literal hours.
I'm going to try drawing him again.

 Song Recommendation: Adoro by Lila Mayi

   I walked through town a bit briskly.
The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm light over the sweet village of Encanto.

A soft, cool breeze blew, carrying with it the scents of fresh grass and edible goods. I inhaled the smells, sighing contently. It was definitely a very beautiful evening.

   I walked to the area where I'd spoken to Dario the night before. In the distance, I saw him serving a few people in line. They all stood about, eating the baked treats that he sold.

I smiled a little.

   "Hi, Dario." I greeted, stepping in front of the stall.

He smiled at me.

   "Hola, Imena. I was starting to think you'd forgotten about me." Dario said.

   "Why's that?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

Dario shrugged.

   "I guess I just thought you'd be here sooner. That way, we could spend some more time together." he answered, removing his apron.

I furrowed my brows.

   "You're closing your stall already?" I asked.

Dario nodded.

   "We close early today, mi amor. Fortunately though, I've got nothing else to do for the night." he said, smiling. A glimmer shone in his eyes, and I couldn't help but smile at him.

   "What does mi amor mean?" I asked him.

   Dario stepped closer, handing me a banana and chocolate muffin.

   "My love." he said, smiling down at me.

I felt my cheeks grow warm and pressed my lips together.

   "O-oh..." I breathed, stepping back a little. "Uh, did you make these muffins yourself?"

Dario tilted his head.

   "Do you like them?" he asked.

   "I came back, didn't I?" I responded, lifting my chin and raising a brow.

Dario chuckled.

   "You have a point." he said. He grabbed a basket off of his stall and turned to me. He glanced at the ground before talking again.

   "You wanna watch the sunset together?"

I shrugged. Why not?

   "Sure. I like looking at the sky at night." I said.

Dario and I walked over to an empty grass spot and sat down. He placed the basket in front of us.

   "What's in there?" I asked.

   "Extra food." Dario answered, removing the basket cover. He gestured for me to grab one. "Take whatever you want, bonita." he said.

I reached into the basket and grabbed a piece of bread. It was still warm, and easy to pull apart. I put a piece in my mouth and smiled.

   I already like bread, but the warmth of this one, combined with the sweet flavoring hit all the right spots.

   "Mmm..." I said, nodding at Dario.