Best Friend's Roommate - (Fluff - Dream x Grian)

George POV-

The hyper screams from the stream blasted my ear drums as I continued to play around with Dream and Sapnap. The chat was loving it as always. Sapnap was chasing me like usual and was doing my best to escape.

"DREAM!! STOP HIM!!! HELP!!"

Dream just chuckles at my cries for help, "I'm not going to do everything for you Georgie."

I sigh in annoyance before screaming in shock as Sapnap's character takes a swipe at me, sending me careening into a ravine. I didn't have enough time to MLG water and hit the ground, my items scattering as I groan into the mic . "You'd better give me my stuff back."

I hit the respawn button just in time to see Dream kill Sapnap in chat, Sapnap swearing in fury.

Sapnap respawns next to me as I glance over at the clock. Almost 1am.

"Okay chat. I think that's enough for today. I'm tired." I add an yawn as chat begins to say goodbye. I quickly raid Karl's stream as Dream also excused himself.

I close down all my tabs, grabbing my water bottle and downing some water. A knock on my bedroom door echos in the silence and I call out, knowing it's my roommate.

He opens it, stuffing his hand into his red hoodie pocket. He looked nervous standing in the middle of the doorway.

"What's up Grian?"

"Oh. Um... you know that online Minecraft conference I was invited to a couple months ago?"

"Ya? What about it."

"I- um... met another Minecrafter there and- uh- we were talking today..."

I just nod my head encouragingly, trying to get him to continue.

He swallowed nervously, "we wanted to try dating..."

I stand up, excited and go and hug Grian. His slightly shorter frame shaking.

"That- that's not all of it. They are flying to England this weekend to meet up. And I- I was wondering if they could stay here."

I smile gently at him, "of course. What's her name?"

Grian begins shaking even more, "ah- ah. His name is Clay." His voice was barely more than a whisper but in the silence of midnight, I heard him clearly. I just clutch him closer to me.

"That's amazing. I'm so proud of you both." I genuinely said, wondering why I felt like I should know that name. Maybe Grian had mentioned it before.

"Anyway- I'm going to get to bed."

I nod at Grian. He must have been worrying himself over this for my entire stream, gently waiting for me to finish.

He leaves the room, shutting my door behind me just as my phone rings. I glance over to it, seeing the familiar icon for Dream. I tap the accept button before tapping speaker and begin getting ready for bed.

"George! George! I've got BIG news!!"

"Alright? What's up?" I tried to act excited, but exhaustion was beginning to weigh down heavily on me.

"I'm coming to England!"

I literally dropped the toothpaste I was about to put on my brush, "wha?"

"Ya! I know it's a surprise for you but I met someone recently and I thought that while I was in England I could come visit you as well. I think you both live in the same city even." Dream sounded so happy and chipper I couldn't help but grin stupidly at my phone.

I clearly was so distracted by the thought of seeing Dream in real life that I forgot to answer. And as Dream tried to get my attention he seemed to get more and more nervous.