Chapter 8

"Good morning sweetheart", Tom whispered as I groaned and wiped my eyes. 
"How can someone look so good when they wake up", I asked as I took a look at him and started playing with his hair. It was slightly getting longer in comparison to when we first met at Ragnarok. 
"I think I am just blessed by the gods."
"Maybe you are a god."
"The one of Mischief I assume?"
"Oh and many other things. To me you are my god."
"And you my goddess", he said as he came on top of me and stroked my cheeks.
"Come, come now Romeo. We need to get up." He groaned and I pushed him off me. He laid with his face in the pillows and turned his head to see me walk out his room. 

I went downstairs and checked my phone. 

C <3 new message

C <3: Hazel I am sorry for what happened. I didn't want to hurt you. I thought there was a spark between us, as if we were meant to be found if not as lovers then as friends. Please Hazel, I don't want to lose you. I understand that you're angry on me and you have every right to be so, but don't let our friendship be gone. You mean a lot and you will always be important to me. No matter what. 

I groaned and fell in the couch, leaning my head back as I brushed a hand through my hair.
"Are you okay", Tom asked as he saw me sitting there, not knowing what to do. Should I respond or just leave it like that? 
"It's Carter. He texted me", I explained while looking up at him. He came sitting down next to me and asked me if he was allowed to read the message. I handed him my phone and he started reading. 
"I cannot forbid you to answer, nor can I cheer you on. You must do what you think is right."
"Maybe staying friends is the best option for us. I don't want drama on work and stuff."
"Then answer", he said softly.

H: You've hurt me. I thought we had something. But despite all of it, I think we should stay friends. I'll see you at work.

H has changed the name to C

C: see you at work

"It's done. Now let's forget about him and enjoy our time together", I said quickly to cheer up the mood and before giving Tom a kiss. I stood up and went to the kitchen to find myself a glass. Tom had followed me and was laughing.
"What's so funny", I asked.
"Seeing you struggling to grab a glass."
"Well, if you weren't so giant I wouldn't have had this problem."
"Let me help you", he said as he stepped closer. He grabbed me by my waist and lifted me up the counter. He reached up and took a glass. I closed the cupboard and looked at him. I was more or less on his height now. Our eyes locked once more and he gave me a little smile. He walked away and filled the glass with water. Once he was finished he came back and handed it to me. I took the glass in my hand and brought it to my lips. The water ran down into my mouth, spilling a little in the corners of my lips. I placed the glass beside me and licked my lips with my tongue. Meanwhile Tom and I still hadn't broke eye contact. In his eyes was hunger.

"You know that feeling you have in your eyes, the hungry look", I sort of asked, he nodded, "I have that same feeling too."
"Oh have you", he growled, coming closer.
"Yes and you know where", I questioned him. He shook his head. I took his hand and laid it on my chest, slowly leading it down. His other hand was on my knee and that one made his way to the inside of my thigh. I stopped his hand on my belly.
"In my stomach", I smiled. He chuckled and was quite amused by this.
"I'll make breakfast for my hungry guest", he said and went to the fridge to grab the ingredients.
"Good because I am not generous while reviewing on TripAdvisor", I joked. 

I hopped off the counter and went to the radio that was on a board hanging on the wall. I turned it on and we started dancing, well let's say moving, along the music. I knew Tom was a good singer, he has sang many times before. But it always astonishes me to hear him sing. I simply can't get enough. Me on the other hand am the opposite of Beyoncé. I sound terrible, though he always says I don't.