Chapter 3

"Good morning Hazel!"
"Good morning Mary!"
"How was your date with the God of Sexynes", Jeremy asked.
"It wasn't a date Jeremy", I rolled my eyes while taking my apron.
"Do tell me you've kissed", he kept following me.
"No we didn't."

"I am afraid to ask, but what or who are we talking about", a man, he must have been around my age, asked us as we came back from the kitchen.
"Our little Hazel here went on a date with Tom frickin' Hiddleston just before your shift started", Jeremy explained as he laid his arms around me and patted my shoulders.
"You must be Carter then", I asked the man.
"Yes, that is correct ma'am. Nice to meet you", he shook my hand.

He was quite goodlooking. His hair laid good, he had a little beard, but it was nicely trimmed. He had nice clothes and his perfume smelled amazing.

"Nice to meet you", I said, still inspecting him. He did have a special accent. He didn't sound very British.
"I am afraid to ask, but you don't sound British."
"No I am from Australia actually", he explained.
"Then how did you get here in London?"
"By taking the plane Hazel! What a stupid question. He didn't walk his way here", Jeremy came in between.
"Ha ha very funny", I rolled my eyes.
"I came here for my studies, but now that I am graduated I need to find a permanent job", Carter explained.
"Oh I see. What did you study?"
"I want to become a film director and writer. I write a lot, at least I try."
"Watch out he's the new director for the new Marvel Avengers movie", Mary joked as she walked past us to start up our iPads.
"That would be a dream", he smiled shyly.
"Marvel fan", I asked.
"Yes, in fact I went to Comic-Con last summer dressed as Loki and the other day Tony Stark", he told me.

Mary told me our jobs for today. I was responsible for the orders and payment while Carter was going to serve and clean off tables. Jeremy behind the bar, as usual and Mary in the kitchen with Suzan.

"Right let's get started", she cheered and I opened the doors. Costumors flooded in and it was quite a busy morning.

Carter was doing a great job. He served everything pretty quickly and always immediately cleaned off the tables. He's a good asset. We talked from time to time, mostly getting to know each other. The breaks started, everyone got theirs and then the evening shift began.

At the end of the day we made a good revenue and Mary was satisfied. We got our tips and
started to close up. Carter was a nice guy to work with. He had humour, was quick in his job and very kind to the costumers. Mary was satisfied too, that's most important of all.

We left the building and I checked my phone. Britt had sent me a tiktok, someone liked my photo of Tom and then I got an email with an advertisement for new clothing.

"Any plans for tonight Hazel", Carter asked me while he took his Keys for his car.
"Not really. I'll just go home and watch a movie. What about you? Are you going to write tonight?"
"I should, but I am not in the mood."
"I would love to read some of your stories actually."
"Why don't you come over to my place tonight? We could order pizza, watch a movie together and I'll show you my works", he suggested.
"Why not", I pulled up my shoulders and followed him to his car.

He drove to his appartment and opened the door for me. We entered and I took a look around. He was a Marvel fan indeed. His house was nicely decorated with some props and original movie posters hanging in frames on the wall. There were other movies too, more classics from the eighties.

He asked me for my bag and jacket. I took them off and he hung them on a chair. He asked me what I wanted to drink.
"Some water please", I answered while looking at his posters closely. There was one of the first Thor. I stepped closer and took a look.

"You're so lucky you've met Tom", Carter said as he came standing next to me and handed me a glass of water.
"Yes", I sighed while thinking about Tom, yesterday.
"So you're also into the filmindustry", I asked while we sat down in the couch.
"Yes, I studied to become a producer or director and of course I would love to be both", he started.

He told me about his studies and his personal life, his life in Australia and other stuff. We got to know each other a little bit. After all we are collegues now.

There was something in his eyes that I couldn't figure out what. There was a spark, a glitter.

"What pizza do you want", he asked as he took his phone and opened a delivery site.
"Barbecue please", I asked.
"Good taste", he winked. He placed our order and we continued our chatting. After half an hour our delivery arrived. Carter opened the door and we began eating. He played the Thor movie, teasing me with Tom, but we had a nice evening.

"Do you need to work tomorrow", he asked.
"Yes, you", I asked.
"Yup, bright and early", he smiled, "I like working with you Hazel. I think we're a good team."
"You're quite right", I smiled.
"How could I not like working with such a beautiful lady anyway."
"Sir you're making me blush", I giggled before quickly took a bite of my slice.

Such a flirt...

We finished our pizza's and laid back in the couch, very satisfied.
"That was really good", I sighed. I opened my pants a little. I needed air.
"Ate too much", Carter laughed.
"Yes", I chuckled.
"Me too", he fell on his back.
"I can see that."

He laughed and patted his chest, inviting me to lay with him. I gave him a puzzled look, but he patted once again. I rolled my eyes playfully and joined him.

"Thank you for inviting me", I said.
"My pleasure", he said softly. He took a blanket and putted it over us. I melted in his chest. I tried to watch the end of the movie, but failed dramaticly.

I felt my eyes slowly close. I tried to open them, but failed again. He pulled me closer and I slowly fell asleep.

"Thank you for being so kind to me Hazel." I heard him whisper. I dug my head in his chest and fell asleep.

I woke up to an alarm filling the room. I groaned and looked around, but didn't recognize the room. I looked to my left and almost startled when I saw a man laying next to me.

"Oh my goodness", I said as I sat back up. I was wearing a shirt, not mine. It was a Marvel themed one, that was obvious.
"Hazel", Carter groaned.
"What happened", I asked him while I got up and picked my clothes from his dressoir.
"You fell asleep and it got too late. I thought it would be good if you stayed here for the night. We have the same shift today."
"Why am I wearing your shirt?"
"You couldn't sleep in your jeans, could you", he asked, "I promise, I didn't look."

He better didn't!

"I might have peaked, I'll admit."

Of course he did.

"We need to get to work. Mary is a nice boss, but arriving late is too much for her."
"She hates it I assume."
"Yes and you don't want to mess with her when she's angry", I told him.

He offered me to take a shower and to make me a breakfast. I made myself ready and we ate a little breakfast.

"Are you ready", Carter asked as he entered the living room in his new working outfit, his hair laid good, a little wild, but good. I nodded and we left his appartment.

"Hi Mary", we entered the tea-room and took our stuff.
"What did you two do", Jeremy asked with a cocky grin.
"Nothing happened. It got late and I had to spend the night."
"Right, nothing happened", he smirked.

Throughout the day, Carter and I would talk a lot. He was quite interested in what I did and so was I in what he does. Serving went smooth and we helped each other out when needed.

But I would caught ourselves flirting, a lot. He was just so charming and kind. It didn't feel forced or anything. I didn't find it uncomfortable either. I was open for it and he was too. And who knows, he's single, I am single. There might be a spark.