Mistaken • Chapter Ten

In love, there is no room for fear.
- quote in my handbook

( Writer's/Narrator's POV )

Thalia arrived at the Colunga residence, a huge white, modern palace planted in one of the city's exclusive subdivisions. Her hands glued to the sides of the brown, old box which was considered medium sized and slightly heavy. After the guard lets her in, she slowly makes her way to the doorstep, carrying the box. She rang the doorbell twice and patiently waited for one of the servants to come and get it. A few seconds later, the door widely opened but it was no servant but the viper herself.

" Well, well, its the ex - wife. I'm sorry but Fernando is not here. " she spoke in a tone that Maleficent would, she wore a scheming look in her face, her body draped in a white, silk robe even if it was almost noon. Lucero was the least person she expected but the viper already came to live with her lover.

" I won't waste my time on talking and I'm not here to challenge with his new woman. " Thalia politely said even her words were meant for the tone of arguing. " Just give him the box. " she stretched the box over to Lucero.

" What's in this? " she grabbed it. Lucero was curious.

" Junk, antiques, trash, he left them with me. " harshly describing the love letters, teddy bears and so on that she finally got over with. Thalia simply wants to get rid of them, out from her apartment to clear the traces of the happy days that belong in yesterday.

Lucero opens it with one hand effortlessly and sees the collection of lovey-dovey items
" Things from the past, specifically. He really doesn't need these. " she told her. " Mind if I burn it? " arching a brow.

" I rather give it if I were you. " Thalia is right. " Like I said, I won't be wasting my precious time. " she glanced over her silver wristwatch.

" Please spare some time and enjoy the milk tea I made in the kitchen and we'll have a friendly chat. " she offers politely, opening the door widely. Trying to welcome Thalia inside the mansion.

" No thanks. I'm allergic to poison. " she doubts that Lucero might put cyanide or mothballs and mixed with the milk tea. She just wants to go back to work and has no time to chitchat with the other woman.

" You really don't want to see me, right? " she glares darkly, eyeing on Thalia wit her beady, dark, leopard like eyes.

" Good you know. " Thalia smiles, hiding her dark thoughts. She turns and heads for the gate, leaving the Colunga household.

Lucero slams the door close and heads to the living room, her gloomy mood returns after being disturbed by the ex wife. The house was empty, since Fernando is working and his mother went out to get away from the presence of Lucero, which she never likes as a new daughter - in - law.

" Nana! " she calls for one of the maids in the house. The maid quickly comes to serve the impatient mistress. " Make a bonfire in the back yard. Tell me when its ready. " she ordered.

" Si señora. " the poor, middle - aged servant nodded.

Out of curiosity, Lucero scans around the things inside the box. Plush toys, countless love letters, pictures of them years ago that almost made her barf. Her face scrunches up in jealousy and disgust. Fernando never did that to her which she felt it made her less special to him.

" These need to be burned immediately. " she whispered to herself and returns them to the box.

" Señora Lucero, the fire is ready. " The maid comes back with a scent of burning wood and smoke.

" Gracias. "

" May I ask what its for? " the middle aged woman asks out of curiosity.

" I'll be burning a whole box of trash. " Lucero gets up from the couch, carrying the box.