Mistaken • Chapter Eight

" The ones who have laughed the loudest have cried the hardest. "
- Anonymous

" How do I look? " I went to the living room, flaunting off my outfit for my date. A simple floral corset, white jeans, golden pumps and a white blazer I have in hand and my hair in a high ponytail. Jennifer was lounging on the couch, I was waiting for her opinion on my style.

She got up and comes near. " The fuck! Where's Thalia? Did you eat her? Spit her out!" she overreacts with wide eyes, acting like crazy, she's shaking me by the shoulder in a rapid motion.

" Loca! Calm down! I would never swallow myself! Its me! " I shouted at her, holding her arms, trying to calm her overreacting state.

" The fuck! Its you? Unbelievable." she exclaimed. " You look like a goddess. I swear. " she commented. I simply smiled at her complement. Many people have said to me I'm beautiful over and over again but still leaves me not believing.

" Thanks, Jen. Can you lend me your car? " I asked her since she has a car parked outside the building right now. " I have a date with someone. " fixing my hair in front of the mirror.

" And who are you seeing tonight? " she mischievously asked, laying back on the couch again. " I smell someone from the past. " she tried guessing.

" If its Fernando you're referring to then you're so wrong, mejor amiga. " I corrected her. She's in for a big surprise if she knows my date.

" Then who's the lucky guy? " she desperately asked.

" The guy you introduced me to before. " I told her while applying on some makeup on my face. " Remember, the hot international model and gorgeous looking god you found while stalking. " I let her recall.

" Clue! First name! "

" William. " I answered her. Her eyes grew wider and her mouth develops into a large oblong, she's in a state of shock when I told her the first name.

" William? As in William Levy? The tall, six packed ab gentleman? Is it him? " she guessed it right. I nodded to her and she looked like she's experiencing a heart attack from the fact that I am going to dine with one of the hottest men in the world. " You little shit! How could you hide it from me! " she playfully slapped my butt.

" You didn't ask, Jen. Besides, I'll ask him if he has a brother. " I playfully replied.

" And what will Fernando say if he knew you're going out with someone? " she interrupted with the subject of my ex husband.

" He won't probably care. We have our separate ways remember? He has a new woman who's pregnant and I am seeing someone like as a male friend without any malice, that's fair for both of us. If he tries to stop me from being happy, we'll see each other in court. " I answered. Involving with someone else won't hurt, he has one and I want to make sure how long she can stay with him as the annulment goes on.

" But its unfair for Mattheo. He wants a happy family, Thali. You and Fernando together." She told me. Starting to think on my son's part, yes, she has a point.

" When he grows up, I'll tell him the whole truth why his mami and papi can't be together. I'll make him understand that a family doesn't need to be complete to be happy." I responded, grabbing my golden purse from a table. " We'll talk about this some other time. Please take care of Mattheo for me, Jen. Thanks for staying. " I kissed her on the cheek and she wished me luck, then hands me her keys. I exited the apartment and drove her car to the French restaurant downtown.

I parked Jenni's car just outside the restaurant. It seems closed and no one's inside. Its past seven in the evening. And I'm here outside the cold streets. Was this dinner just a joke? I'll wait for William to appear and give me an explanation.