Mistaken • Chapter Four

" Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain. "
- Bob Dylan

The beautiful Saturday morning greeted me with a bright ray of sunshine greeting me through the window pane and I felt a little breeze of morning wind. Its a great day to start with eggs and bacon for breakfast and a little music in the kitchen, Mattheo will surely love the tunes while listening to the beat of the music. Surely, my son is still peacefully snoring. My hand reached for the other side of the bed to find him, slowly searching. But the other side is empty and I wasn't able to detect my Mattheo.

" Mattheo. " I called out silently. There wasn't a response after a second. " Mattheo, mi hijo? " He didn't answer again. That made me look over to the other side, an empty space with a crumpled spot of bed sheet. He's not there, that's unusual. He must have gotten up early, what could he be doing in this early Saturday morning? I gotten up and fixed the bed, heading to the bathroom to wash my disorganized morning face.

The sound of a plates from the kitchen awoken my ears and made me doubt what has been going on in the kitchen, the noise made me go out of the room in a strict yet worried feeling, quickly without my robe to cover my skimpy night dress and left my hair in a mess.

" Mattheo! What's going on? " I marched and stopped at the dining room with eyebrows crossed. " Mattheo Alejandro Sodi Colunga! " calling out with a strict voice, what's he up to?

Until I reached the sight of the dining table, filled with eggs, bacon, hotdog, fried rice and orange juice all set and complete with a centerpiece of fresh flowers. The room was filled with bright colors of morning light that reflected through the curtains that gave the room a bright look and the savory smell of sausage on the pan. It made me smile.

" Mami breakfast! " Mattheo, still in pajamas, came out of kitchen with a plate of sausage in his hands.

" Who cooked this, mi amor? " I asked, my mood towards my son changed as I smelled the savory food on the plate. I gulped the mug of coffee prepared on the table.

" Papi did! " he shrieked.

Oh god. He's here. He prepared all this? It really touched my heart for such a surprise. I still remember the times of the first months of our marriage, he would bring me breakfast in bed everyday and that sweet gesture started to decline slower as the days gone by and he found someone else. Its a shame to decline all this delicious food but he still busted into my apartment without any permission and it scared me a bit.

" Surprised? " a deep familiar voice alarmed my senses. And there he was. The face of deception with that heavenly shaped figure stood there, leaning by the doorway of my kitchen, gazing me with those dark eyes of his, smiling like a yuppie, topless only with an apron and spatula. My smile detiriorated.

" Didn't you know that I can accuse you for trespassing, Fer? "

" But I cooked you breakfast, didn't I? " He came closer to me, making my throat clog every time he steps, looking at those manly arms and shirtless top part that can't make me resist. " Care for some appreciation for this? " He points at the table.

" Thank you, by the way for that. " I solemnly thanked him. It would be rude if I just kicked him out when he served me a good sight of meal. " What are you doing here in the first place, Fer? "

" Today's our family day, didn't you remember? Our son requested it when we had lunch together. I just wanted to assure you would really go. " he answered, okay, everything made sense now.

" Fer, I still have paperworks to read. I'm sorry I couldn't go. " I excused myself. Work made me go under pressure even on weekends. " Just bring him back home before six." I would probably destroy their fatherly bonding.