Chapter 5

Suddenly, a giant came into the girl's room, his groaning loud and his tears pouring heavily. She sat up on the bed, not expecting at all to have to deal with a grown man crying buckets while she had a broken leg and a massive headache.

"W-what happened?" she asked, patting the mattress beside her for him to sit there.

Bubba almost threw himself at her, kneeling on the floor and hugging her waist like a koala on a tree. He rubbed his dirty mask against her chest, making her blush a bit with the proximity. He cried and groaned non-stop, as if he was explaining what happened while crying, like a girl ranting about her friends to her mother.

"I-it's alright, Bubba." she said softly, patting his head slowly and uncomfortably "What made you so upset?"

The man looked up at her and grunted, probably saying the name in the way he knew how to.

"W-was it Ma?" she asked, trying not to upset him even more.

He shook his head furiously, it obviously wasn't her.

"Your brother?" she continued, receiving a nod back "Was it the one with the dark mark on his cheek?" he shook his head "Was it Drayton?" another nod, this one angry and bringing more tears to the man's eyes "Did he say something?"

Bubba nodded, extending his hand towards the girl he pointed to her chest, signaling that the conversation was about her. But then, he pointed to himself, making her believe that the man was mocking both of them.

"He was... Well..." she tried to find the words, but Ma saved her the trouble.

"He meant nothing with what he said." the woman crossed her arms on her chest, walking slowly to the two on the bed "I gave him the dishes to clean as punishment." she smiled softly, receiving another smile from the girl.

"What did he say?" (Y/n) asked, continuing to comb through Bubba's hair, who now was looking at his mother while laying his head on the girl's lap.

"He was just jealous that Bubba has a new friend."

"I could... Could be his friend too." the girl shrugged, not understanding what they meant.

Bubba hugged her tighter and looked at her wearily. He shook his head, rubbing his mask on her stomach and breasts, making her blush profusely and his mother sigh with a smile.

"I-I'm not gonna stop being your friend, Bubba." she tried to calm him down, but it wasn't working, he continued to shake his head "Alright! Alright! I'm not gonna be his friend, okay?" she couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when he looked at her with tears in his eyes and a hopeful expression on his masked face.

They continued to talk about trivial stuff while Bubba listened to their banter. He was happy that she would be only his, he wasn't too fond of sharing his belongings, which he had a very small amount. He couldn't help but feel giddy when her fingers stroked really close to his neck, almost at the top of his spine. He was in paradise, however, this moment of bliss was slightly cut off when the girl asked one specific question.

"Who does this room belong to?"

"Ah, it's Bubba's room." Luda Mae told her, sitting on the bed too and patting her son's back.

"Oh no!" the girl exclaimed, a shocked expression changing her previously happy face "Where's he sleeping?"

"He's downstairs on the couch, but don't worry he-" the woman got interrupted.

"I'm sorry, Ma. But I can't take his room!" the girl stopped petting the man's head, making him look up at her "I should be the one on the couch, he's, well, too t-tall for the couch, I suppose." the girl couldn't help the blush that spread around her face when she remembered the fact that he was almost 6'5.

"He is quite tall, isn't he, dear?" Ma noticed how she reacted to him and decided to mess with her a bit, smiling when she tried to get her mind out of the gutter.

"Y-y-yes, h-he sure is." the girl placed her hands on her lap, holding them together while pinching one of her fingers. Her face was cherry red and she hoped they couldn't hear how fast and loud her heart was beating.

Bubba seemed to catch onto what they were saying, so he stood up and proudly showed his height, standing as straight as possible. The girl giggled and looked at him in awe, kind of joking with the man and really impressed at the same time. Luda Mae took advantage of that again and continued with the mocking.

"He's really strong too, show her, baby." Ma laughed while looking at the two interacting together.

The man flung his arms up, flexing both and making a superhero stance. The not-so-white shirt underneath the apron rose up on his arms, showing his hairy forearms. The girl kept swooning over him, clearly loving all the attention. Sure, she would prefer much more if he wasn't using the mask, but that only added to his character. She blushed all over again, making his mother let out a funny laugh, alerting them both.

"I seriously can't take his room." the girl smiled again, taking her eyes off of the giant.

"How about we decide where you'll be staying when you're a little better sweetheart?" the woman said.

"A-alright." the girl nodded, a faint blush still on her face.

Luda Mae seemed to remember something at that moment.

"Oh, dear! You should take a bath right away." the woman got up, hurrying to the bathroom to fill the tub up.

"Th-there's no need! I'll be fine." the girl said when she came back.

(Y/n) smiled embarrassed, Bubba's presence making it worse.

"I insist, please." Ma sat down on the bed again "Honey, could you please take (Y/n) to the bathroom?"

The man nodded eagerly, happy to help and to hold the cute girl in his arms again. The woman laughed a bit, having to place her hand on her mouth, when her son suddenly took the girl into his arms, holding her like a princess. (Y/n) let out a squeak, afraid of the sudden height and completely embarrassed by the fact that his mother was there just watching and having fun with the situation. She hugged his neck, feeling the muscles move and the sheer size of it. If it wasn't for her broken leg, she would've enjoyed it a lot more.

Looking closely now, she could see that he wasn't exactly a handsome man. He had uneven teeth, the skin under the mask seemed to be irregular too and the mask was so much uglier up close. However, that didn't make him less interesting to her, she had always been into the ugly ones, being made fun of by Jenny, who always got the pretty boys. Oh, how she missed her snarky remarks and sour humor.

She was brought out of her thoughts when the man placed her on the side of the tub, seated on its edge. The girl could feel her leg throb, the blood going straight down to her foot and making it hurt more. She ignored it though, she would ask Luda Mae for a pain killer later.

Ma came into the bathroom soon after her son, seeing him stay on the corner while she got closer to the girl, hoping to help her out of her clothes.

"Bubba, what are you still doing here?" the woman asked Bubba.

He grew hot under the mask, he shook his arms around like crazy, which his mother seemed to understand somehow.

"I know you want to help, but right now you should be nowhere near this bathroom. Move along to the kitchen now, young man." Luda Mae laughed when the man almost ran out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut "I'm sorry, sweetheart." the woman turned back to her, hoping to help her out of her dress.

"I-it's alright." she stopped for a second, her blushed face having a soft smile "He's cute." she mumbled, not really planning to say that out loud.

"Oh, really?" Ma said, finding it all too funny and wholesome.

"No! I-Yes! I mean..." the girl hid her face in her hands, she could feel her hot face get even hotter.

Could this 'vacation' become even more embarrassing?