Chapter 14 - D.B.D.S.

*✧ ───────── ✧*

"Echo!"

I groaned as I was lifted to my feet by Sky and Bridge.

"Sophie... he took her."

Sky steadied me by my shoulders, "We know. We're looking for her."

"No you don't understand," I said, "He's going to use her to wake up Goradon. She's the series one processor. She's the one he was looking for. We have to find her."

"We're going to find her, we have a lead. You're going back to SPD." Sky ordered.

I tried to protest but he led me over to the squad car to transport me back.

*✧ ─ ✧*

"Kat, I'm fine. We need to find Sophie."

"We've been fighting with the defense system all day. You need to get some rest."

"I'm fine Kat," I huffed, "Let me help."

"Fine, but you're going to be running scans for cyborgs in the area and sending coordinates to the Rangers," Kat sighed.

I shrugged before walking over to the control panels to get started, "That's fine by me."

"How are the defense system updates going?" Cruger asked.

"We're dealing with complex logarithms, Doggie. The computer has to calculate the precise sequence to create phase two. It takes time."

Cruger growled at Kat's response. Before he could say anything the base shook from the force of an explosion. Alarms blared through the room and Cruger steadied them both, "The question is, how much time do we have?"

"Echo, expand the parameters to the outer sections of town. We have to speed up the search."

I nodded before typing in the new search zone into the computer.

Another blast shook the room, "Goradon is attacking!"

"Phase two won't go online, we can't stop it," Kat said helplessly, "Doggie?"

"Call the Rangers," he ordered, "Send in the zords."

As Kat deployed the zords I tried my best to narrow down the search. I was getting a hit out in the woods, a secluded area outside of town with a warehouse.

"Kat, I think I got something," I said.

Kat looked over my shoulder at the screen, but when I turned back it seemed that the blue dot that was once there was suddenly gone, "It... it was right there?"

From behind us Cruger whispered, "Brilliant Sophie. She knows I can hear hyper-frequencies."

Kat looked at him confused, "What?"

Cruger looked at the sector on my screen before he began to walk out, grabbing his morpher on the way.

"Where are you going?"

"To a fight," he answered before the door to the command room shut behind him.

"Does he know where she is?" I asked.

Kat looked at me worriedly, "We can only hope."

"He can't take down Valko alone, he doesn't know what he's up against."

"Cruger knows what he can handle," Kat tried her best to comfort me, "He'll get Sophie and bring her back."

Kat turned back to the defense system. Before long a beep was heard and Kat sighed in relief, "He found her. They're on their way back now."