The storm

Chapter eight

"I'm sorry who are you?" Lilah questioned when she looked up to see three random guys sat on her sofa with beer bottle in their hands. They seemed friendly with a hint of mischief. "Actually. I don't care. One of you can get me a beer while I go shower." She casually demanded and made her way to the bathroom after grabbing a pair of baggy joggers and sports bra.

Lilah savoured the warmth while she could, having an actual bathroom is something she could have to sacrifice very soon. To her delight her towel was returned, it even looked like it had been washed. Considering she used Cole's earlier she didn't think it could get much worse.

Lilah left the bathroom in her light grey joggers and white sports bra. She kept her towel to dry her hair, returning to her natural curls. One of the mystery threesome handed her a bottle. "For the beautiful girl." He complemented, along with a bow. Lilah giggled and took the drink.

"You're not too bad yourself." She smirked, taking a swig. The others gasped at the flirtatious exchange between the strangers. Lilah wasn't lying. When he smiled his two dimples were almost as captivating as his grey eyes. His smile made it impossible for her not to smile back. Lilah imagined him to be quite the ladies' man. A sweet talker and beer provider, what more could she ask for?

"You shouldn't take drinks from strangers." A deep voice said entering the room and taking the bottle from her hand. There was no mistaking that voice.

"And you should live with them either, and yet here we are." She sarcastically smirked. Cole stiffened at her comment but soon smirked when he noticed her drying her hair.

"I see you upgraded from my towel." He whispered, slowly take a step closer to Lilah. She watched his eyes narrow, when they were close they grew darker, and she noticed every time. Lilah smirked and stepped even closer, Cole was surprised by her bold action. Lilah had other ideas. She scrunched her rain drenched shirt on top of his head, covering him in rain water. Cole froze, he knew she had an attitude on her, but this took him by surprise. Her giggle almost made him want to forgive her, but the laughter of his friends snapped him back into reality. "I'd run." He advised.

"Yep." Lilah giggled and bolted. Cole tried to catch her but she used the friendly stranger as a shield. She squealed and she clung onto his t-shirt. His chuckle rippled through to her as she kept close to his body.

"Come on dude, she's just having a laugh." The blonde one defended, Lilah double glanced to make sure it wasn't Seth. Lilah peered around the side of her human shield to face Cole who was freshly damp from her personal rain cloud. She flashed her famous sweet smile and Cole softened.

"Fine." Cole groaned. Lilah laughed and let go of her protection. "But I know where you live." He threatened.

"I'm Jesse, by the way." Lilah's former shield said with an outstretched hand. Lilah happily shook it and introduced herself.

"Lilah."

The two were in their own bubble for a minute until the blonde man launched a pillow through the air, hitting Jesse. He whipped his head to the assaulter and scowled. "Introduce us." He bluntly told him.

Jesse sighed and looked at the sofa of idiots he called friends. "The annoying one is JP." He covered his mouth and whispered to Lilah. "Short for Jacko Peters, he hates it, so feel free to use it whenever." Lilah chuckled and looked to the next stranger. "Duke. The most laid back guy you'll meet. And, well you know Cole."

"Unfortunately I do." Lilah said, copying Cole's narrow eyed stare. She reclaimed her bottle of beer from his hand. "That's mine. Thank you."

"I bought it." Cole objected.