Chapter 30: Nanda Parbat

We walked through a desert area to a city carved into the rock and came upon a large army of men dressed in the same black armour, holding torches, the banner of the League of Assassins able to be spotted every few yards. 

'What is that?' Felicity asked. 

'It's the League.' Oliver, carrying Thea's body, stepped forward. The ranks parted for Sarab, a woman in black, and Ra's al Ghul to walk through, stopping in front of Oliver. 

'Welcome home, Al Sah-him,' Ra's greeted. Sighing, Oliver stepped forward, the small group following. 

We were in the throne room, and two men came to take Thea's body from Oliver. 

'I must prepare her for the ritual,' Sarab said softly. He glared at them, holding tight onto her. Sarab stepped forwards and spoke in a low tone to Oliver. 'I will treat her as my own family.' He allowed Sarab to take her body, and they walked away, carrying her, leaving the rest of us to face Ra's. 

The group of priests chanted in an unknown language as Oliver, Diggle, myself and Sarab lowered Thea's body into the waters of the Lazarus Pit. The water bubbled rapidly, and then we let go as the waters began to calm and they stopped chanting. Just then Thea launched out of the water, kicking Oliver to the ground. She snarled and began to attack Oliver, and just as the commotion began and several of us tried to pull her off of Oliver, the high priestess dipped some small needle in some mixture and stabbed it into her back, making her go limp. Oliver lowered her to the ground gently as I fell to my knees beside her. 

'Thea!' I said, panicked. 

'Thea!' Oliver echoed. Just then we heard Ra's voice above us, causing Oliver to look up. 

'I've fulfilled my end of our arrangement,' he said. 'I suggest you begin to make peace with yours.' 

Thea gasped and bolted upright in the bed as Malcolm, Oliver and I came to her side. 

'Hey, hey, it's okay. You're okay,' Oliver soothed. She looked at the two of us with an uncertain and frightened look in her eyes. 

'I don't know you two.' We looked at each other. 

'Thea, it's us. Ollie and Ellie-bear,' I said. 'It's us. You're okay.' 

'Ollie and Ellie are dead,' she said, making me shrink away and stand as she met Malcolm's eyes. 

'Dad?' she said softly. 

'I'm here, Thea,' he replied gently, taking her hand in his. 'It's - it's me.' 

'What's going on?' she asked, panicked. 'Where am I?' 

'Someplace safe. You're safe.' 

'Where's Mom?' 

'Your mother's not here,' Malcolm replied. 'Look, just lie back, close your eyes, and get some rest, okay?' She smiled softly. 

'I love you, Dad,' she said before she closed her eyes. Malcolm also stood from the bed, glaring at Oliver. 

'Ra's told me that the confusion would pass,' Oliver said. 

'You have no idea what you've done,' the older man snapped at Oliver. 

'What I've done. She's alive, Malcolm. What I did saved her life.' 

'She thinks Moira's still alive.' 

'She'll be fine,' Oliver replied. 

'You don't know that,' I said from behind him.