Chapter 13: The Flash, The Arrow and Athena

It all started with the Arrow saving the Flash's ass during a fight against a crazy psycho metahuman who apparently can control minds. It got messy enough that they had to call it in, and the Arrow, or Oliver, and myself, aka. Athena, responded, with Diggle and Felicity by our side. 

Outside of Central City... 

Diggle stood under an tin roof, with Felicity near him, sipping sodas and eating Big Belly Burger on a crappy tall table that was barely even a table. I was near them, sitting on a rickety chair and eating a small paper bag full of fries. 

'It's kind of comforting to know that no matter what city you go to,' Felicity said, 'Big Belly Burger is always going to taste like Big Belly Burger.' 

'You mean full of grease and salt?' 

'I thought those were the secret ingredients.' I giggled. 

'Oh, no,' I spoke, 'these have enough grease and salt in them to give you a bloody heart attack.' 

'Then why eat them?' Diggle ask. I looked up at him, giving a tight-lipped smile. 

'Because I do enough activity to eat whatever the hell I want.' Just then we heard revving from a dirt road that was visible to our line of sight. We saw the motorcycle speeding along the road. 

'Oliver's back,' Felicity said. I stood, letting out a breath. 

'Good.' Just then a whoosh of air came upon us as a red blur appeared, stopping in front of us, Diggle spilling all his fries in shock. I started full on laughing at his utter shock of seeing Barry Allen suited up as the Flash, with a red suit and mask. 

'By the way,' Barry said, 'I gave Oliver, like, half an hour head start.' Diggle just stared in shock, slightly open-mouthed. Barry walked up to us. 

'Hi, Barry,' she said.

'Hi, Felicity,' he replied. He met my eyes. 'Who are you again?' 

'Evelyn Queen. Oliver's sister. Younger sister.' 

'How you doing, Dig?' Barry asked Diggle, who was still speechless. 

'You're fast,' he managed to say. 

'Did you guys not tell him about me?' 

'Seeing is believing,' Felicity replied, letting out a chuckle, 'or... drooling.' 

'I think he's still processing. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out.' I pulled a handful more fries from my bag and shoved them into my mouth, looking Barry and up and down, watching him carefully, evaluating everything. 

'I'm sorry - Evelyn, why are you staring?' 

'That's none of your business. If I want to evaluate personally who I'm fighting with, I need to know everything, Barry. Oh, look, the hero of the hour is here now.' The motorcycle skidded to a stop just outside of the ramshackle shelter. 

'Hey, thanks for showing up back there, but I had that.' Oliver hummed, disbelieving. 'What? I was getting ready to make my move?' 

'What move?' Oliver asked jokingly, but underneath was a tone of scolding. 'The one to the morgue?' He came up to us and I hugged him. 

'Hey, Ollie.' He kissed the top of my head. 

'Hey yourself, Ellie-bear.' I squeezed him slightly, then let him go as we came to the small table. 

'Wait, so what are you guys doing in Central City?' Barry asked. Oliver opened his mouth to say something, but Felicity beat him to it. 

'Working a case.' She pulled a evidence bag out of her pack to pass it to Barry. 'Suspicious homicide in the styling where the murder weapon is a boomerang.' Barry pulled it out.