20 years later.

Nate

Finally, I was getting married to the man of my dreams. Lexie (our eldest child born in France) was running around the place, trying to find her dress.

"Grandpa Steven!" she shouted, running up to my dad.

"You just like your dad," he said, "Energetic all the time, like it's 10:00 in the morning!"

"Oh well!" She grabbed her bridesmaid dress, which she called a grooms maid dress, and ran to the bathroom.

"I can't believe you are getting married," my dad said, beginning to tear up, "It doesn't feel like that long ago when you were 16. Now your 36! With a 14 year old daughter and two twin sons."

"Come on dad, save your tears for the actual wedding."

Alex

"How do we look, Dad?" Carlos and Caleb said in union.

I turned around, they looked so smart, they each wore matching ties and held a box each, containing the rings.

Janet came rushing in, not yet dressed, "Right, here is you suit Alex!"

"Calm down, we have got ages to go, you just focused on yourself," I said.

"Alright."

I got dressed and looked in the mirror. Wow. For once, I felt confident and strong. I didn't have a care in the world. I was getting married to him.

When I exited, Zara, Janet, Carlos and Caleb were standing there. They were all dressed now.

Janet ran to me and hugged me.

"You look amazing! I love you so much," she cried.

"I love you too, mum."

She then sobbed. She squeezed me tight before slowly letting go.

Then Zara came up to me.

"I am so proud of you, you have finally found yourself and are being you." she smiled at me, "Go out onto the isle and show everyone how much you love Nate."

Nate

I stood there, my dad, Carlos, Caleb and my buddy Sam stood by my side. Words could not express my love for this man, and how much I wanted to marry him. Then I saw him, I saw him, follow by Zara and Lexie, with Janet holding his hand.

I couldn't help it, tears began rolling down my face, and my heart beat got faster. He stepped up and faced me.

After we'd said all our vows, it was time to get married.

"Do you , Nate Steven Blacking, take Alex
Jameson Smiths, to be your husband?"

"I do!" I sobbed.

"And do you, Alex, Jameson Smiths , take Nate Steven Blacking to be your."

Alex cut him off, "I DO!" he shouted."

"You may kiss the groom."

I kissed him with all my heart.

I was lucky we got the whole ceremony and after party on record, because after a few drinks of... favored water... I don't remember much after that,