Relax

Despised your freaking action, he held you close to him rubbing your back and whispering sweet and calm words to distract you for atleast a minute. "Señorita, No one is going to find you, nobody will hurt you again. Im here...i'll keep you safe." He whispered, flashes of your family getting burnt made you feel the pang of regret and guilt.

"B-but what if-"

"No buts y/n, no one can get near you if im here..." He cooed again hugging you close to him. You began to sniff and whimper on his shoulder. Your words getting muffled. When you pulled away, he smiled ressuringly and wiped away your stray tears.

"Promise me you wont leave?" Her voice was desperate and weak and she looked up helplessly. But he thought nothing of it and just wanted to keep you safe and close to him.

"You wont get rid of me that easily señorita.."

______________________

Camilo was on my right and dolores' i think was on my left. Infront of me was mirabel and her father then isabela on the other side.

I was nervous and camilo noticed, grabbing my hand from under the table, i blushed the slightest bit and covered it up by drinking water.

"Y/n is it?" The old lady sitting at the end of the table spoke, all eyes on me while i stumble on some words. "Yes." For a simple answer everyone could hear the nervesness. The girl infront of me gave me a soft smile and i just gave a slight nod unprepared.

"I heard camilo found you by river. Did anything happen to you at your home?"

"...uh family problems? Er, ish...they city wanted me and my family dead because of my curse." You try to make it simple and fast but you knew questions will be throw at you.

"Curse? Lo siento but i think i misheard you?" A girl in blue asked, she was sitted next to the lady upfront. "Uh no no, your right. Curse indeed." The grip on your hand tighten, while the family's face srcunches up.

"Why would they call it a curse? And where is your family at this state? They are welcomed to be here." The girl infront spoke leaning up her glasses as it started to fall.

"Well...they um. Di-, okay just let me show you." You didnt like sharing your personal problems and didnt like people knowing your business but you knew they had the same ability as you and could probably help you control and use it at the right time and being.

Moving your fingers creating a illusion, of your past and showing it to them. It surrounded them of your memory. And they gasp at every horrid moment.

It took a while to finish and when it did, they all had the same pity faces and shock ones. Vines and cactus were around the table. A cloud over the whole table close to raining and rat were running away to hide.

"Oh sorry- i didn't mean it to be that harsh-" you kept your mouth shut. Waiting for them to unwelcome you, camilo's hands was still holding yours with sterness while he shapeshifts and made his face stuck for a moment, before apologizing.

"...they are horrid people. They didnt deserve you querido, you belong here. You are welcome here at our casita, our town people are very welcoming." The old lady spoke with a sour face at past illusion.

"Madrigals, as we all know we have a guest and she will be staying with us. I expect all of you to extend your help and hosipilalities to her. Casita can you be kind to extend her a room she can stay in?" She asked you looked around gratefully at the welcoming people 'till the tiles and window open and lifted.

You gasp and yelp in surprise. Before a couple of chuckles was heard. "That is casita and im mirabel! Nice to meet you!" The girl infront says

"Nice to meet you. Im y/n" you smiled back and gave everyone a slight smile as they welcomed you. One by one they had introduce themselfs and what ability they have.

"Well y/n, what gift do you have?" Julieta asked and i chew on my food before speaking "i uh, can make illusions...hmm yeah-" awkward laugh "illusions" you finished earning a chuckle from a man who looked the same age as julieta.

"We have the same nerve kid." He says, then they turn to look at him making him quickly nervous and focuse on his food instead.

Camilo then cleared his throat "how did you get a gift?" He asked looking down at you while you did thought for a minute. "Im not quite certain, i think i was born with it. I've never met my grandparents or so." You answered truthfully and he nodded along.

"Lo siento but why did they call you a witch?" A little boy asked, while his mother quickly shushed him up. "Dont worry its fine." You assured pepa, everybody listened in and waited for an answer.

"I was well...the only one in our city to have a cur- i mean 'gift' so they creeped out. Our city believed in stories the elder people made up in their time and probably freaked out seeing as im not as 'normal like them." You said.

"But im not a witch. I dont cast spells, and no one taught me magic." You finish. While the chatter went on.

story getting a bit boring, so feel free to recomend.