Part 12

Sheriff gasped. Vigorously shaking his head. So much for Auditor not making unfair demands. 

Sheriff) T.. there's no way I can do that.!

Auditor shrugged, faking a yawn. Sheriff scowled. 

Auditor) You already agreed. That's how this works, Sheriff.

Sheriff didn't want to believe what he was hearing. He was standing in front of Auditors table, who was currently sitting in his chair looking rather smug—not just because he was currently petting a small fluffy grunt.

Sheriff) C-can't it be someone else.?! 

Auditor chuckled, shaking his head. Sheriff grunted deeply from dismay, using his hands to cover his face.

Sheriff) Shit.. I really have to.?

The fluffy grunt purred quietly. Auditor looked down at them, they were laying on his knee. It's paws outstretched, somewhat towards Sheriff. Auditor barley agreed, easing his request, but remembered why he had chose that for the deal. 

Auditor) Yes. Now, you can leave my office. 

Sheriff growled. There was no way he could do that. That's why Auditor had asked Sheriff to do it, right? Because he couldn't do it. He tried. Then failed. Now Sheriff had to go and do what he couldn't.

Sheriff) So I'm never gettin' him back?

Irritation edged in his voice as he spoke, slightly more then intended. Auditor squinted his eyes. 

Auditor) Of course, piss-brain. That was the deal.

Auditor hissed his sentence towards Sheriff, causing his fluffy grunt look up at him.

Sheriff) That's imposs-

Auditor) Leave. I only want to see you again when you have done it. 

Sheriff knew Auditor wasn't going to say anymore, so he turned on his heels, and walked out. 

He was going to try and look around, but agents flocked the halls too often. He would surely be caught—and who knows what would happen to him.. the thought made him shudder. So he stayed on the path he had entered from.

When Sheriff was outside, he took his hat off to comb a hand through his hair. It still remained silky soft. He suddenly realized how tired he was, not sleeping for a day at least. He hadn't been keeping track of the time. He felt he could fall asleep just standing up... 

No. 

Sheriff had things he needed to do. Sleep could wait a little longer. 

— - — [I don't know if I acted Hank correctly, I'm really bad at this- 😭]

Hank grumbled, turning the T.V. down as a knock came from the door. He hesitantly sat up off of his couch to open the door, when the knock had come again. He opened the door a crack, pulling up his mask. Sheriff was standing out on the other side, looking quite nervous. His forehead lined with a thin layer of sweat. Hank groaned, fully opening the door. 

Hank) What.

Sheriff flinched, not realizing Hank had opened the door. Hank held a pistol a few inches away from his head.

Sheriff) I.. A-ah... H-happy is.. being held captive by Auditor, and he wants you as a trade...

Sheriff trailed off as Hank slowly lowered the pistol he had aimed at Sheriffs head. His goggles fogged up a little, before clearing again.

Sheriff) I wasn't goin' to-

Hank cut Sheriff off by shoving past him. Sheriff was going to say something else, but remained silent, continuing to stand in front of Hanks doorway. Hank grumbled and he stopped, looking back at Sheriff. Sheriff didn't want to turn around and face Hank, nervous to admit to himself he didn't feel comfortable around the tall man. He had no problems with being around his younger brother—but then again, he was kind; unlike the rest of his siblings. Sheriff shuddered at the thought of Dr. Jan, and how he had thought Happy was faking. He didn't realize he had been growling until Hanks deep and rumbly voice caught him by surprise—suddenly thankful his growl had been silent. Sheriff thought Hank had already walked away moments ago. 

Hank) Are you coming?