xiii

Agustin was in pain. Alma always glares at him and his children, and he sees multiple cracks in the nursery near where Mirabel used to sleep.

"Cracks again, miercoles"

Casita was cracking once more, and he believes it is the work of Mirabel's frustrated soul. The magic was flickering again. But this time, he's done with everything.

"I'm leaving," he frustratingly whispered to himself.

He picks up a pen and writes:

Bruno,

    You probably don't know yet but I'm going to leave and move to the capital. I'm taking the children with me but always feel free to come and visit because you've been the best brother-in-law and the best tio to the kids.

    Anyways, I need a ride out of this place without Alma noticing so can you pick me up at Senor Juancho's coffee fields tomorrow at 11 PM.

Agustin

He then places it on an envelope, writes the address, and leaves the house to go to the courier's at town.

He went back home, and he was welcomed at the door by Dolores.

"I know what you are trying to do, tio."

"Dolores, promise me, don't tell this to anyone, to Alma, to Felix, or even Pepa."

He then returned to his room, and started to pack his bags, he scrolled through their stuff, and he stuffed them in a large bag. He scrolled through his last drawer, and saw a homemade bee stuffed toy dressed up as him and also decorated with glasses and a moustache.

...

"Look Papa! I made a toy for you for your birthday! Do you like it?"

"Of course Miraboo! Why am I a bee here?"

"Because Papa loves bees because the bees always approach you!"

"So you made this all by yourself?"

"Mama also helped me a little!"

...

He pulled the toy closer to him, as this is one of Mirabel and Julieta's presents for him. He also brought it along with him.

He then almost emptied the closets and drawers and placed Julieta's stuff in a separate bag.

He then cleaned out the nursery, he then scrolled through Mirabel's stuff, and saw tons of fabrics where she practised her embroidery, and some stuffed toys that she tried to make. He saw tons of fun stitches, and some lens replacements.

He then stuffed her things in a separate bag.

He then took a look in his wallet, and it seemed almost enough for him to buy caravan tickets for the trip and some food, he just needed Bruno to ride him out with his children.

...

It was the following morning, and every respective family branch was having breakfast at different times. When it was his and his children turn to have breakfast, Isabela ranted on how she didn't want to marry Mariano, as the date for the next proposal is getting nearer, Luisa said that she doesn't want to be treated like a farm animal.

He told them that they would leave the Encanto for good, and move back to his great-grandparents' house in Bogota, which had been inherited to him. He also told them to secretly pack their bags.

They agreed, as they would move to the capital, and living there would probably improve their quality of life.