v

"Camilo, this isn't what it looks like, I'm just being prepared for the future, in case if anything happens to me, don't worry about me"

Camilo was still frozen, in disbelief.

"Uhhh, Tia Julieta, I just want to help you make arepas so I can also cook and eat seconds, I'll just forget this happened, adios!"

He awkwardly left the scene.

He and Tia Julieta tried hard to act normal, and started making arepas. He is still awkward, and still, in disbelief of what happened. Everything is off about what happened, he wonders if this has to do with Mirabel's death, or her getting angry at Abuela, or has a secret illness.

He then cooked his seconds, and sat on his chair, but he was always zoning off while he's eating, which was something he had never done before since he's always energized to eat food because of the physical demands of his gift.

Dinner was finished, and everybody returned to their rooms, except for Camilo and Dolores.

"I know," she whispered to her brother.

"I cannot read thoughts so I don't know why she wants to write her..." she added before she was cut off by her brother.

"No, I don't want to talk about it. I'm gonna sleep"

Someone knocked on the door, carrying portraits of Mirabel and Abuelo.

"It's finished."