ii

Mirabel's body is pulled out from the house's debris, and her body is prepared for the funeral. Julieta asked the town seamstress to make the funeral clothing for Mirabel. The hearse is also prepared and the venue is arranged.

"I wish my gift could be applied to fatal injuries, I wish my gift could save her"

For tonight, while Casita is under construction, the Madrigals would stay at the Guzman's until the house is rebuilt.

Agustin and Julieta couldn't sleep, as they were thinking about Mirabel's demise, and how they could have avoided it.

"Agustin"

"Julieta"

"You couldn't sleep too?"

"Yes, I'm thinking of Mirabel."

"If Abuela didn't...ridicule her, and accept her instead..."

"This could have been avoided"

"After this, I actually thought of distancing myself from her..."

"Julieta...I know this is painful, I'll tell her we need some space"

Agustin told Senora Guzman that they needed some space and grieve for her with just the two of them, them alone. They rummaged through their surviving items, looking for any photos of Mirabel, instead they found

...nothing

They realized Mirabel's photos went down with the house, and they were nowhere to be found, they regretted everything, they questioned everything. How could Julieta give birth to a child and honed her for 15 years and still has no photos of her? Julieta blamed herself, calling herself a bad mother. It was just their first night without her, and it pained and ached too much every second.

They headed back to the ruins of Casita, and saw broken glass, a bent picture frame, and a damaged photograph of Mirabel. The couple kept shakily calling for Mirabel, as if she was still alive, and they broke down to tears.

"And when you're gone, who remembers your name? Who keeps your flame? Who tells your story?"