ix

It is finally the day. Julieta will be buried, and she will be buried beside Mirabel by the riverbank. The town's only healer is gone, and the townspeople must be more careful now. The Madrigals were weeping. Agustin, Luisa, and Isabela cried the most. Felix handed Agustin his handkerchief. Abuela sat on the back of the row, because if she came forward, she would be faced with confrontation from Pepa, Bruno, and Agustin. She can't believe that she outlived her own child, she will bury her own child. She pushed the dominoes and she is facing the consequences.

There was Julieta's casket procession. Agustin was holding her portrait behind the hearse with Pepa, Felix, and Bruno at his side, with Dolores, Isabela, Luisa, Camilo, and Antonio just behind them. Julieta's hearse is on the same route as Mirabel's funeral procession, and Agustin had painful memories of Mirabel brought to the same place to be laid to rest.

The casket was removed from the hearse and the casket was laid beside the hole that was dug for her yesterday. Turquoise umbrellas were used in honor of her during the rainy funeral.

The Rite of Committal was starting, the priest was reading verses, people are chanting prayers.

It was time for the eulogies. Isabela gave her eulogy.

"My mother believed that we shouldn't dwell in the pains of the past. Well, that was mostly because she can make you feel better by just shoving an arepa in your mouth and forgetting that an injury happened...kidding aside, I am trying my best to honor that today. Julieta Madrigal was a simple person, she didn't ask for much, she also didn't expect anything in return. She threw herself in everything she did. My mother did more charity work than anyone I had ever known, but after everything she never lost time to love and be with her family. May she rest in peace."

Then Isabela glared at Abuela at the back before she returned to her seat.

Pepa, Bruno, Felix, and Agustin clearly got what Isabela was trying to say.

It was raining and thundering in the town of Encanto. Two of the Madrigals, mother and daughter, were lost in a matter of months. The town was in a state of mourning once again.

The priest then blessed the casket. Everyone formed a line and said their last goodbyes. The casket was then lowered, and it was blessed once more, then everybody threw flowers at the lowered casket, then they started to bury her. Then they installed her headstone. The funeral was finished.

Everyone left first, the Madrigals went back home to let the event sink in for a while, except for Bruno and Agustin.

Agustin was crying and weeping in the rain in front of his wife's burial place, his suit getting wet. He then was surprised that the rain stopped, and he realised Bruno shaded him with his umbrella from behind.

"B-Bruno, you surprised me."

Bruno stood there silent, with his umbrella and rosary clenched in the same hand.

Then the rain finally stopped, but it was still cloudy.

"I wished I had never given Mirabel the vision, I may have indirectly killed Mirabel and my own sister."

"No, don't blame yourself for this, Bruno," Agustin reassured.

"Now that I have looked at it after everything that happened, I wished your daughter never found where I was." Bruno said. "Both of them are dead because of me," he added.

"No, don't say that. Thank you for protecting my daughter, thank you for being a good brother to my wife." Agustin declared.

Then he tightly hugged Bruno, as a way of thanking him. The smell of petrichor was lingering.

"You never really love someone until you learn to forgive"