Chapter 10

"Augh...." Ley groan paddling her bike to the address Rias gave her to deliver a letter.

There is only three-letter so it will take about 15 minutes for her to deliver it, the other letters house are just nearby. Ley set her bike stand down taking out a mask just enough to cover half of her face. Not wanting some random people to think she's working with the devil. Although she is.

Walking upfront the door knocking it a few times seeing if someone is awake. Ley checked the time on her wrist, her eyes twitching to see it was already 5 pm, her sideline ended at 6:40 so she have to hurry or else the owner would think she just run off without leaving a trace.

It's not like the owner will know, It just seems unfair that she's wasting half of her work time just to deliver letters.

Finally, the door opened to a figure of a woman who looked like she just got home from work.

"Yes? Can I help you?" She asked.

"Letter." That's all she said before biking off to the next house.

The second one was a bit difficult for her to leave. It was a guy who looked he has been playing video games that explained the game controller on his hand and were very...musty looking.

"Letter." Ley was about to hop on her bike to deliver the last letter, but handheld her back.

"Hey on a second, the flyers I've been trying to summon the Gremory for hours now, are you their replacement or something?"

Snatching back her hand back to her, keeping her composure sturdy not knowing what to tell the guy that she is just to deliver a letter they have given to her.

"I'm sorry but I am not their replacements but I guess that's why they handed out the letters to you. Good day."

One more to go.

This house was a lot further than the other one, keeping her mind and self distracted by rethinking what the redhead has said in the club.

"3 months, you will be giving out letters and flyers for 3 months for you to prove to us you won't be backstabbing us by spreading rumours about me and my peerage. I have heard your bad reputation in your school Lyon." Rias sternly say giving her three letters to deliver around the neighbourhood.

"If you successfully do this, the contract will be lifted off, and you will be no longer be under our grip."

"You have magic right? Why can't you just erase my memories of you battling that wing thing?"

"That is possible, however. There is a chance for you to even forget your important event in your life. there's no cure for it."

That is what Rias had told her. Sighing out her frustration thinking if she hasn't been such a hero then maybe none of this will happen. But of course, you can't change past, you have to deal with it now.

Finally arriving at the last house she's about to deliver, not bother to knock on the door to see that there was a mail slip. Well better than knocking on the door.

"Finally I can go back to work."

-

"Do you think she has handled it all the letter by now?"

"I'm sure of it."

It was only Akeno, Rias and Koneko in the room, the other three has been summoned by people needing the help of a devil.

"Do you think she can be trusted, president?" Koneko asks taking another bite of cake.

"I still have my doubts. The rumours in her school and other more information about Lyon is...odd." Rias replied tapping the papers so it a line perfectly.

"How so?" Akeno question.

"I rather not talk about it, the important thing is she doesn't tell anyone about us devil's and more."

Akeno furthermore no longer question Ley's information instead she helps Rias with her stack paperwork organising it to the right place, till their are finally done.

"President I think I will go on ahead."

"Hm? You don't go home so early as usual Akeno? Is something the matter?"

"Oh nothing, I am just a bit tired that's all." She chuckled at the end of her sentence.

"Before you go. What have you slipped in Lyon pocket?"

There was silence in the room, Koneko had also noticed but didn't mention it to the club. Rias was being suspicious about Akeno weird action for the last 3 days.

"Why I don't know what do you mean President." She only smiled before leaving the room.

-

The library bell ring making the owner think there is another customer. Only to see it was Ley who was sweating and panting. She was to see the number of customers that had lined up front on the counter. If only she didn't get called the owner of the store would've been relaxing but what she looks like she's having trouble talking with the people.

"Oh Ley, did you go out to get a drink?" The owner kindly asks, thinking that she just needs a little break.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry if I took so long Madam Wen, I can take it from here."

After half an hour of talking and scanning what the customer want, bought, and needs. It was finally over. The owner had fallen asleep on her seat after Ley took over, Madam Wen insisted to help her, but in the end. Ley took over letting the tired women rest for a while.

"I still haven't organised the order books," Ley muttered to herself forgetting to organise the other books in the staff room.

Checking the time to see it was already 6:32. feeling dizzy while making her way into the staff room. She saw the box, placing her hand on the side of cardboard for her to notice her hand was stained with blood. Her blood.

Failed to realise her wounds had opened up while delivering letters and running back in the store making the thread loosen up and open back her cut. She couldn't hold on to consciousness any longer fainting down on the carpet floor inside the staff room.

A green little being jump out of her pocket just after she passed out, the green imp was dragging out a flyer with the same symbol of using transportation magic.

The symbol glows beneath the imp and Ley, a figure began to glimmer more bright finally died down revealing Akeno.

"Good job." Akeno holds down her palm where the little imp jumps on, placing it on her shoulder.

"Oh, dear.."

Akeno unzips Ley's tracksuit, lifting her shirt enough to see her cut. She pulled out the loosen string deep in the bleeding girl skin and began healing her.

"Akeno...?"