Prologue

The room was void, empty. Darkness was all that surrounded them. She did this, their captor, she made their lives dark and scary. But as long as they held hands and clung closely to each other, darkness would be no more.

All they heard that night was a loud thud from a chair falling, as he saw the lifeless shadow dangling on the fan, with a way too thick rope on the neck.

"Close your eyes. Don't look." He said as he listened to her quiet sobs.

"Shh...don't cry, please. Or the big spider will get you." He said more bravely as he put his hands across her face to wipe the tears of the little girl, who was abducted along with him.

After a few seconds, he was sure their captor wasn't breathing. He grabbed onto her tiny hands and gave two simple instructions, although it seemed pretty hard to this little girl.

" Close your eyes tightly and crawl with me. There is a big spider above us."
He said in a mere whisper.

Those words lingered in her head as her eyes automatically shut tightly and her legs and hands moved in sync. Crawling at the same pace as him.

He looked forward, through the dim lights, sure safety was as near as the door out. They struggled together on the ground, scared to look up or open their eyes fully, not until her doll slipped from her hands.

"Mr. Peabody!." She exclaimed as her eyes flipped open in search of the doll. She grabbed it quickly and a temptation to look up hit her. Her eyes looked up. Up towards the big spider.

She screamed and all he could do was to hold on to her tightly. Embracing and patting her head slowly.