Verdict

I changed and showered in record time in the office. Tori promised to get Josh ready for school.

Then I donned my signature white suit and red heels.

Makeup and jewellery and I was ready for battle.

I sat in front of flashes of hundreds of cameras and reporters.

Then, I cleared my throat and began.

"Thank you everyone for attending the press meet."

I paused to make sure all eyes were on me.

Then I resumed,

"For those of you who do not know me, my name is Sana Bianchi, CEO and founder of Boss Lady, a luxury swim wear and lingerie brand. When I started my company 10 years ago from my tiny one-room apartment, I had a dream- to make luxury swim wear available to common people at affordable prices. I wanted it to be size inclusive and diverse. I started with 10 employees and today I am proud to say that I have one hundred thousand employees across 80 cities and more than a thousand retail stores with 90% employees being women."

I took a breath.

"Being in the fashion industry for so long, I have seen it's best and worst sides. I swore to protect my employees from exploitation. But, this week I failed. A model was harassed by one of our in house photographers whose names shall not be revealed to protect her reputation. The photographer was fired immediately."

I continued calmly,

"Let it be known to all my employees around the world that consequences for the abuse of power will be swift and severe. No one should be afraid to speak up. We are a company made by women for women. We need to stand up for ourselves."

The cheers rose up in a defeaning shout.  Claps and encouragements came from the employees of my LA office.

Apparently they had forgone all manners. I was the only grown up in a world full of abominable, tall children.

But I was still pleased. Only a little. But I would die before I admitted that.

"If you all would kindly settle down.", I said dryly on the microphone.

"There will be a full scale anonymous survey for all employees. I strongly encourage you all to answer it on the company's website. The answers would reach my COO directly. The necessary steps will be taken."

A reporter's hand shot up.

"Can you answer a question, ma'am?"

Oh, for fuck's sake.

"No. This is not an interview. Keep your rabid curiosity to yourself and before you print a malicious article on me, calling me a bitch, albeit politely, you should know that I can afford the best lawyers. Have a great day."

I said and swept out of the room with cheers of,

"All hail the Boss Lady!"

Some days, I loved my job.

As I bounced like a kid on the floor, Tori came up running behind me.

"You have a meeting with the marketing department in 10."

Huh!

So much for two minutes of happiness.

"Let's go kick some butts"

33 was definitely a good age to start swearing.
                        -----------------

Hey, I hope you are enjoying the story.
Please leave a vote and comment if you have made it this far.

P. S. - I really am enjoying writing this story.