Good for you - Jungkook Oneshot

Play the above music for a better reading experience. 

Gone - Blake Rose. 

I watched him from far as he put the bouquet of flowers on his wife's grave.

I turned around as I wondered what our relationship meant. 

For me, it meant everything, 

For me, it was a sign of hope in my troubled life. 

I had everything. 

A perfect high-paying job. 

But I didn't have happiness. 

That's why I decided to get married. 

Jungkook's parents had proposed the idea of both of us getting married. 

I never intended to say yes. 

I don't blame Jungkook, but I know it's tough to let go of your dead wife and get married to someone else. 

But one look at his daughter and I was willing to do anything for her. 

He wouldn't talk to me often unless its something urgent. 

Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Eomma?" A voice called out from behind as I turned and found Kiara standing in front of the car. 

"Yes baby" I replied as she came ahead and got into my lap.

"Why are you crying, eomma?"

I immediately wipe my tears as she looks at me while having a confused look. 

"Nothing baby, you should go and stand with your dad, he needs you," I say as I let her go. 

I watch her run to Jungkook as he picks her up in his arms. 

I get into my car as I drive off. 

I was just supposed to drop Kiara. 

I reach home as I open the door and go into my room. 

Jungkook and Kiara share one room and I stayed in another room. 

I was an outsider. 

I knew it. 

But somewhere deep in my heart.

 I wanted to change it. 

I wanted to feel loved. 

I picked a small book from below the bed as I ran my hand through it. 

"Today was Evelyn's fifth death anniversary, Jungkook is sad. He misses her. He doesn't need me. But I need him. Sometimes I wish he would move on. But it's not easy. I don't understand his pain, but I understand his situation. I choose to be here even when I knew that making him love me was close to impossible." 

I put the pen down as I just stared outside. 

Growing up I would read books where the female lead would always be so submissive towards the male, or the male lead would be willing to kill himself for the one he loved, I would always say that you should stand up for yourself, you should leave that toxic relationship and go to someone who deserves you. But now I understand their situation. The girl doesn't stay back with her abusive husband because she wants to or because she is weak, she stays because she loves him more than anything. It's so easy for us to as that 'you should leave him and go' but it's not easy..cause love bonds those two people and it's tough to break that bond and forget about everything that happened.