𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣.

↬ 𝓁𝓊𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓎 ↫

↬ 𝓁𝓊𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓎 ↫

(I just want to thank everyone who reads this. I'm glad people are enjoying it, even though I don't upload too often... Anyway, thank you, ily all<3)

"Mom, I'm here, are you okay?" You asked as you entered the hospital room and walked over to the bed.

"I'm fine," she rolled her eyes. Despite her words, she looked worse than before. The skin on her face was somewhat yellow, and the bags under her eyes were horrible.

"Did you take your sleeping medication?" You sighed as you sat in the chair next to her bed.

"I don't need them trying to poison me."

"They're not trying to poison you, they're helping you. How many times do I have to say it, Mom?"

"All they want is my money," she scoffed. "If they were really trying to help me, I would be getting better."

"They haven't found a liver for you yet," you said. "And maybe you would feel better, if you actually took the sleeping pills."

"If all you're going to do is complain to me, you can leave."

"I'm not- Whatever, fine. Is there anything I can get for you?"

"A glass of water would be wonderful."

You quietly stood up and left the room to get water. You always found her ridiculous. She wasn't going to give her money to save her life, so you had to take care of it. You wondered if you were really doing the right thing, helping her when she was always so awful to you, but you knew you'd feel guilty if she died and you didn't do anything.

So you put up with her horrid attitude up until her last moments.

You slowly open your eyes and groan, rubbing them as exhaustion fills you. You glance over at the clock on your nightstand and see the time; two thirteen in the morning. You bolt upright, panicking slightly. Today is the first day working with 4NEMO, so you have to get plenty of rest. But whenever you wake up in the middle of the night, it's difficult to find peace again.

"Damn..." You mumble, running a hand through your hair.

Your throat is dried out, so you get out of bed to get yourself some water. You grab a bottle from the fridge and gulp down a third of it, feeling your mouth refreshing as it absorbs the liquid. You look over to the sofa and see Kit pressing his paws against a pillow. You step over and sit down next to him, causing him to look at you as if you just killed his brother.

"...What?" You ask, narrowing your eyes at him.

You roll your eyes and go over to one of the only windows in your apartment, looking out to the street in front of the building. You can hear the sound of a muffled guitar and furrow your eyebrows, wondering why someone is playing music so early in the morning. A bit inconsiderate... Unfortunately, you can't see who it is since they must be too close to the wall.