𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

↬ 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 ↫

A few days later, they've started looking through the applicants who want to take the role as their pianist, but no one seems to surpass your talent and skill.

"Can't we just leave? None of them are going to be as good as Y/n, we've been here for hours," Xiao complains.

"You don't know that," Jean sighs. "That would be unfair to everyone else. I know you're biased, Xiao, but we can't choose her just because you like her."

"I'm not biased-"

"Yes you are," his group members all say in sync.

"Can I leave then?" He requests.

Jean glances down at the sheet, reading down the list of names that are left, "...Fine. Looks like you won't accept anyone other than Y/n anyway."

"What?! He gets to leave!? Weren't you just talking about fairness!?" Venti whines.

"Venti, you're older than him. Start acting like it," she responds.

"Rude..."

>──────☾⛧☽──────<

Xiao♡
Hey, are you free?
sent 4:22 pm

You read over the text before looking back to the ripped up poster you're currently distressed over. You can see Kit licking his paw from the corner of your eye, acting as if he didn't just commit an act of treason.

Me
I guess you could say that
sent 4:23 pm

Xiao♡
Can I go over to your place then?
sent 4:23 pm

Me
Of course ^^
sent 4:24 pm

Xiao♡
Okay, I'll be there soon
sent 4:24 pm

"And now he's coming over... Maybe I should've said no," you groan. "Did you have to rip the poster of Xiao?! I swear, sometimes I think you hate me..."

Kit turns around and walks to his food bowl, ignoring your helpless cries.

This one is limited edition, too... I guess I'll just have to tape it.

You rush to the kitchen and rummage through a few drawers until you find transparent tape. Running back over to the pieces of the poster on the wooden floor, you sit down and begin trying to arrange the parts like a puzzle.

"Did you disintegrate some of the pieces or something...? Where are they?" You mumble, speaking to Kit but not raising your voice loud enough to reach him. Not like he would've given you a response anyway.

After a short while, Xiao knocks on your door and you flinch while laying on the couch. After a minute or two of trying to tape it together, you gave up because you couldn't keep them together properly. You jump up from the sofa and race to the door, swinging it open. This is a surprise to Xiao, but he doesn't show it.